GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about this story? Is the person all right? And who let a 19 year old drive a Skyline??? I'm guessing the driver is not at fault, because of the no charges. I might as well give my 17 year old sister the keys to my GSX1300R Hayabusa!

- Pedestrian in hospital after car accident-

A 51-year-old Mayfield woman is in a critical condition in Newcastle's John Hunter Hospital after she was struck by a car at Islington overnight.

Police say the woman was walking along Maitland Road, when she was hit by a Nissan Skyline sedan about 9:30pm AEDT.

The 19-year-old female driver has been questioned by police but no charges have been laid.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sad reality

This is Just the Sort of thing Jamie M in another thread was afraid would happen if a Skyline got into irresponsible hands.

Lets hope that the lady that was struck down has a full and speedy recovery.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The news mention a Nissan Skyline sedan, it could just be a base Skyline with the RB20DE with 130HP, it is not surprising for a 19 years old to be driving that since that car is slower then a US spec 4-cylinders Camry.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
US R33,

That was just my guess, who knows it could be a GTR that was in the accident.

No offence, I am not saying you are wrong.

Where are you located at? I am in the US too.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
what a load of rubbish

how many people get knocked down by motor cars everyday.
a car will only go as fast as you want it to go.

it is the people that go out and buy skyline gtrs that have no brain ,and they think there is only one way to drive
flat out and sideways everywhere at high speed.

everyone on this site have had other cars before getting ther gtr
and how many of you have had a crash in the years you have been driving.

something to think about

keith

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would like to add that I dont believe that the age is an issue here. What is important is the attitude and responsibilty of the person owning the car.

I am 20, yet feel I would be ok having a GTR (yes I am serious, I have funds in place and can purchase a car tommorow if I want). I have been driving my Pulsar for a year with no problems, and my GT-Four for a year before that with no problems, and have been driving Karts since the age of 15 which also provides good experience.

As was said before it only goes as fast as you make it go. That accident sounds like it could happen in any car, but a point is being made as this appears to be a high performance car.

Despite this performance with the right attitude I have had no problems what so ever, yet mates with 900 cc fiestas have crashed their cars several times over due to over confidence, arrogance, and a lack of responsibilty.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Agree

Go on Keith I agree.

At the end of the day someones had an accident and we don't even know all the circumstances.

Also to chastise a 19 year old is WRONG. My son is 20 and he drives so he is a ???? or drives like a ???? or couldn't handle a ???? .

The accident happened because it was a female driving :D . Kiddin, kiddin.

glen

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Got this from www.dictionary.com

ac·ci·dent (ks-dnt, -dnt) n.

An unexpected and undesirable event, especially one resulting in damage or harm: car accidents on icy roads.

1) An unforeseen incident: A series of happy accidents led to his promotion.
2) An instance of involuntary urination or defecation in one's clothing.
3) Lack of intention; chance: ran into an old friend by accident.

Logic. A circumstance or attribute that is not essential to the nature of something.
Go Keith, Go Glen.....

This accident may still have happend even if the driver was Male, 60 years old, in full control of his bodily functions and driving a Robin Reliant. So to speak :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Brains...

Keith,
Most people who have any interest in skylines have brains.
Those who buy them usually have the brains to want one.
They also have the brains to earn the money to buy and insure one.
Some people can drive safely well at 17 some people learn to drive safely later, some people never learn to drive safely.
As for this accidnet it sound like the car was irrelevant.

My two pence worth

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Keith,

How Well you know youself.

"it is the people that go out and buy skyline gtrs that have no
brain ,and they think there is only one way to drive
flat out and sideways everywhere at high speed."

Cheers Tom

:smokin: :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts