GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that a few skylines showed up for ford night at ace cafe on the 23rd and i just came back from the supra night at ace cafe (jan 24) and again a few skylines there.
so...
spoke to the organisers and max power (filming supras) about a monthly skyline meet, they seem interested just as long we have good numbers.

Any admins on the forum willing to take this up???
i will be speaking with the main person from ace cafe tomorrow but it would be good for the forum if its a joint Ace cafe / GTR-OC event...

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I have already been in touch with them about this as long ago as just before Christmas and they are going to list some dates for us

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hey all

PMJ: its more of a monthly meet, trying to see if we can make it not just a skyline meet but a joint club meet.

there were prizes, video presentation and a dj at the supra meet...ok, i doubt we will be doing that as i think yesterday was a one off for them but something similar...thats why i want an admin to get involved...

mo

p.s. 3rd Thursday of every month (i think thats free...other choices will be confirmed.)

p.p.s why isnt there a thread on this forum to contact admins???

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I was invited to the Ace Cafe - Supra meet last night, but sadly couldn't make it. Next time boys....thanks Branners for the invite!

PMJ....next time you go....you want to convoy?

Claire
:squintdan

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I was invited to the Ace Cafe - Supra meet last night, but sadly couldn't make it. Next time boys....thanks Branners for the invite!

PMJ....next time you go....you want to convoy?

Claire
:squintdan
Was you invited by fat controller by any chance?

I had invite aswell...

·
Registered
552 Posts
To get the ace cafe to a regular meet we will probably have to do it every month or at the out set agree the dates for the year. For them to carry on needs a good turn out but remember its all the othe Muppets that turn up cause you the problems. I go to the Jap night on a regular basis (first tuesday of every month) Great people nice cars, but members of the public Do turn up. Thats when the street drifting and burn outs start, along with any other antics they can get away with.

Now i know that Fuggles and team are normaly quite anti the odd fly past at these events let alone 3 hours of it. Due to our public liability and not wishing to upset venues.

Some might get the impression i am anti this meet i am not ! I am i favour of a quality skyline meet, but maybe we should broarden the appeal to ensure we have large numbers on a regular basis/ Maybe include the 350Z club or the SOC. If we want this to work on a regular basis we need to fill the the car park with our own stock of cars. Also note it is the ace cafe's claire who controls the list of cars aloud in the car park not the club. All registration numbers for entery have to be logged with her at least 2-3 days in advance.

Due to the antics on Jap night i would be very unhappy parking my car on the road out side the venue.

The next jap night is on tuesday the 6 Feb. So if you want to check it out i will see you thier from 6.30 till normally around midnight.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What are you driving? ;)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Now i know that Fuggles and team are normaly quite anti the odd fly past at these events let alone 3 hours of it. Due to our public liability and not wishing to upset venues.
Not only club insurance but it's also illegal!

In addition, Ace Cafe are against fly-bys and have even banned some clubs and individuals from attending, trouble is there's not a lot they can do about the public parking and can only ban clubs and people from the cafe itself.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well john have you been down in recent months to a jap night on a tuesday? No effort or intervention is made to stop any of it. Maybe i will se you thiere on tuesday.

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
my fiance went the ONCE on an RS night and there was huge accident

I wouldn't go if there was any chance of the minority turning up

mook

·
Registered
32 Posts
with all due respect and understanding, there are only a few people there that make it a bad experience for the rest of us there are a very many number of very competent drivers who do the odd bit of showing off down at the ace cafe, it is not these people that are causing the problem they/we know the score and how to conduct ourselves safely in the environment arround the ace. The stuff that happens on the street/roundabout outside the ace has gone on MANY MANY years from when the Ace opened the very first time arround.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Yep, I'd be interested in a monthly / bi-monthly or quarterly meet just to add my two pennies worth :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts