GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Ooo Matron !
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had a Lotus Esprit it was the law that you waved and flashed other Lotuses when you saw one (all models, not just other Esprits).

Then when I had a Noble it was the same, but in 6 years I only saw about 2 others on the road at the same time as me.

With my Aston it was a bit hit and miss. You raised a gentlemanly finger off the steering wheel and maybe half of other drivers would respond, the other half either ignored you or looked at you as if you were some kind of cretin.

So, what's the score with the GTR ? If I wave etc will I get looked at like I'm a knob ? (not that I've seen another GTR on teh road since I got mine).

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Old skyline owners will give ya the finger......... like me, then wink and wave lol. Bit hit an miss really. Not so sure about the r35's to be honest. I'm sure most will, an some will not as it's just a car attitude. I will wave though. Don't care if I look a nob lol

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The same really,, the cars are so far and few between, you've usually gone past before you've seen one,
Friendly bunch most of us, there is the odd twat, like all car clubs,
Goldie

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
In my experience, half of one and six of the other. I always put a hand up or give a thumbs up in acknowledgement to R35 and R predecessors alike. If I'm lucky I get a toot of the horn or wave back, if I'm unlucky I get the knob stare, even got the bird from a young lad once in an R32 as he sped away from me lol tend to get more and much better acknowledgement from non GTR drivers

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I generally wave and give the headlights a flash.
It's usually returned.

Old one or new one.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Flash, wave, honk horn, all excited me to see another !!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Crikey, this topic takes me back to my bike days where bikers used to nod/wave/flash at each other, bikers used to thank cars for letting them in during slow moving traffic or moving to one side of the lane in flowing traffic for them to white line it.... Sadly by the time I was hanging up my lid that seemed to be few and far between...

Another example of road camaraderie is motorhomes. We use a motorhome to tow the trailer for doing sprints/hillclimbs and it has become an in-house joke now at waving at other motorhomers :)

I passed another GTR in town when I was out last time - I had a good look to see if there was any acknowledgement but nowt... Will wave regardless next time tho and look out for the 'knob stare'! :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
Im always waving/light flashing other GTR/skyline drivers.

One experience of total arrogance was when I went to speak to a GTR owner who id pulled up next to in a car park...... he just looked at me like I had 2 heads and put his window up.....

·
Administrator
31,758 Posts
Trouble is, a lot of GTR drivers just drive them because they are an alternative to this Porsche or That Audi. not always enthusiasts . The Skylines tend to be driven exclusively by enthusiasts so there is defo a breakdown of communication because you never quite know what type of 35 driver you've got

Mook

·
Ooo Matron !
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
.. not always enthusiasts...
That's what I found with a Lotus, all owners were enthusiasts. The same for Noble owners. But Aston owners are as you say about GTR owners, some are car enthusiasts and some just have a car and that's as far as it goes for them. Hence the "knob stare" !

·
Registered
206 Posts
Another example of road camaraderie is motorhomes. We use a motorhome to tow the trailer for doing sprints/hillclimbs and it has become an in-house joke now at waving at other motorhomers :)
x2 but we always really go over the top :wavey: and look excited!!!! some interesting responses

·
Registered
519 Posts
Trouble is, a lot of GTR drivers just drive them because they are an alternative to this Porsche or That Audi. not always enthusiasts .

Mook
I think that may have been the case in the early days when the GTR was THE car of the moment, but I think it applies a bit less now. Now the dust has settled and Audi/Porsche drivers in the main have disappeared back up their own arses and gone back to buying badges the world is a happier place. :D

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Trouble is, a lot of GTR drivers just drive them because they are an alternative to this Porsche or That Audi. not always enthusiasts . The Skylines tend to be driven exclusively by enthusiasts so there is defo a breakdown of communication because you never quite know what type of 35 driver you've got

Mook
THIS ^^^^

I bet the guy I was waving to the other week didn't even know I was also driving a GTR.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I tend to wave or flash regardless of what car I'm in haha.

Some wave back and others look at you like your a retard. Scottish R35 owners tend to be a good bunch, but I have seen a couple parked and they have been bellends

1 - 20 of 38 Posts