GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have heard many times about the 'active' rear diff of the R33GTR and R34GTR, Can anyone enlighten me on what this means and how it works? Main reason for this question is it possible to fit a R33 diff to a R32GTR and keep the active part.Any help appreciated:)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, some interesting reading there, reason for this question is i have a R33 rear Diff and of course it crossed my mind as to how much work/ what is involved in converting the ATTESSA ETS into ATTESSA PRO ...........i suspect a lot, anyone attempted or looked into this? Is there any real advantages (on paper there appears there might be)???

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Active diff.... Its possible to make a STD car have a Vspec diff. Its a small wiring harness, ATTESA ECU, ATTESA pump change.

I think we are going to try the R32 with an active diff. More for just something different than any real gains.

tyndago - Vspec

I guess one day I will actually put something on that page...right now its blank...ooops.

From what I can tell, from messing around this year with the race car, and a bad TPS voltage, one of the big inputs for the lockup of the rear diff is the TPS position. More TPS means more rear diff lockup. This makes sense as most of the time when you are cornering you are steady state, or off throttle, until you want to transfer some more power to the ground and go straight. Off throttle open like and open diff = easy cornering. On throttle locked up = not as easy cornering.

The Super Taikyu car actually uses the Yaw rate sensor as an input into the ATTESA-ETS system, something the STOCK system DOES NOT. The stock Yaw rate sensor is used as an input for HICAS.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Ah, does this explain why since i swung the TPS recently i can feel the rear diff locking up, especially doing low speed high steering angle manoevres?
Cheers, Ian

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Well, defo confirmed that my TPS is shot.....i only swang it enough to shut off the A-LSD and 4WD lights.
seems a little is too much.....so back to the dealer parts desk i go.

Cheers mate, Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts