GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna start a sticky thread, where we can post prices for anyone to view the alternatives for the consumables that people are starting to use, namely discs/pads and tyres as well as Nissan OEM prices.

Please copy this list below and insert your prices and supplier/dealer. Traders registered on here are obviously encouraged to add their own prices. It will start as fairly blank, but please everyone add your prices.

The aim is to enable us GTR Owners to quickly establish current pricing and the alternatives available.

Discs

Nissan -
AP -
Alcon -
Brembo -

Pads

Nissan -
AP -
Carbonetic -
Ferodo -

Tyres

Dunlop -
Bridgestone -

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Carbotech Pad CT- GTR R35 Front / Rear
AX6 TM - Road & fast road, good upgrade over OE for the spirited road driver. Front £240 / Rear £160
XP8 TM - Fast road /Track day / sprint, ideal for regular fast & track day users. Front £260 / Rear £170
XP10 TM - Extreme fast road & track, for the hardcore road & track user. Front £280 / Rear £180
XP12 TM - Ultimate track, perfect for serious racer demanding the very best. Front £300 / Rear £195

Re: AP Racing ROTORS
AP Racing Front CG Curved Groove (Slotted) Rotor @ £300
CP 3784 -1570CG12 Right / CP 3784 -1571CG12 Left
AP Racing Rear CG Curve Groove (Slotted) Rotor @300
CP3784- CP3784-174CG12 Right / 175CG12 Left

AP Racing Front GA J Hook Rotor @ £320
CP 3784 -1570GA Right / CP 3784 -1571GA Left
AP Racing Rear GA J Hook Rotor @ £320
CP 3784 -174GA Right / CP 3784 -175GA Left

+ vat

Also highly recommend Pentosin transmission oil over OEM. We have run it in our old JDM R35 since early 2008, now on 17,000 miles. Similar cars in Singapore have also run this for some 20 months now.

I said from day 1 the aftermarket would take hold of this car and make it competitive in both performance and prices :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ben,

Just to check, are those prices for a complete axle for the pads, but per disc for the discs?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Ben,

Just to check, are those prices for a complete axle for the pads, but per disc for the discs?
and what about the sharp noise they make when braking very soft?
it is starting to get on my nerves,
can not drive with my window open when driving in traffic, they even make a sharp noise when driving very slow (btw is that normal)

·
Registered
98 Posts
and what about the sharp noise they make when braking very soft?
it is starting to get on my nerves,
can not drive with my window open when driving in traffic, they even make a sharp noise when driving very slow (btw is that normal)
The noise I had when driving slow I cured easy simply by putting copper grease on the pins/springs and pad backs. I got the impression the slight run out of the discs was making the pads move so that contact areas worked a treat for a couple of thousand miles but i think i'll have to do it again now as this week its starting to do it again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Performance friction

There are the Performance friction 2 piece discs available for the front and rear of the car. They are direct replacements and they are proper fully floating discs. The pads are good too!

This is a shot of the rear of the front disc

This is a shot of the rear of the rear disc showing the drum in hat section

Tried these on an evo and they were awesome!

they are available from RB motorsport 01704 822 848 (rich/steve?)
Coordsport 0121 661 6263 and Unit 8 01254 702 888

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are the Performance friction 2 piece discs available for the front and rear of the car. They are direct replacements and they proper fully floating discs pads are good too!

Tried these on an evo and they were awesome!

they are available from RB motorsport 01704 822 848 (rich/steve?)
Coordsport 0121 661 6263 and Unit 8 01254 702 888
Prices??

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
saw those on ebay...

Does anyone have direct experience between these and the AP rotors?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
ebay prices are £1200 pair front or rear, so £2400 for all four.

Twice the price of the APs, although the PF rears also include the drum housing too.

·
Registered
366 Posts
performance friction

Prices
PartBox Online - High performance and tuning car parts including HKS, RAYS Wheels, KAAZ LSDs, Cusco

The pad compound is 01, this is like a ds3000 but works from lower temps and doesnt chew discs. However the disc will work with any other pad brand.

Product review from some Canadian guy??

object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsqxW1yPbGU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsqxW1yPbGU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Why would anyone buy drilled discs for track use?

No matter how well made, they will propogate serious cracks before grooved ones.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
What cost are the alcon rotors just supplied, full set front and rear inc vat and delivery?

Cheers Iain

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
We are doing a special offer on a limited number of Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads @ £195+vat per set

We fit the Alcon brakes discs which come with lightweight Alloy bells for £485+vat

Regards

Iain
Have you driven a GT-R on the DS2500s Iain?

Middlehurst suggested I try them and they are going straight back!

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Not purple enough? :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts