GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have followed the rules and done a search but have not been able to find much on this topic.

I remember the big power Cosworths used to run additional injectors when they ran over a certain amount of boost. In fact I think I am correct in stating that the RS500 came with 4 additional injectors that would be activated if the Race ECU was fitted.

I have not seen a GTR with additional injectors, not even one.... why is this?

I think all of the big ECU manufacturers state it as a feature..

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Speak to Pagey on here, his 32 GTR from Endless is up for sale, but i believe that had extra injector (not 100% sure though)

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
One of the problems in fitting a 2nd set of injectors is space. On the Cosworth, the butterfly isn't very close to the head so its fairly easy to do.

When there is such a huge range of injector sizes available, why not buy some of the correct size?

I think having 2 sets of injectors for petrol is a bodge. If running LPG/No2, fair enough, you have no option.

Why, do you want to run with extra injectors?

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
GTRSTILL said:
Have followed the rules and done a search but have not been able to find much on this topic.

I remember the big power Cosworths used to run additional injectors when they ran over a certain amount of boost. In fact I think I am correct in stating that the RS500 came with 4 additional injectors that would be activated if the Race ECU was fitted.

I have not seen a GTR with additional injectors, not even one.... why is this?

I think all of the big ECU manufacturers state it as a feature..
There are GTRs running 12 injectors instead of 6, but no point.

Even on Cossies these days people use 4 massive injectors rather than the RS500 8inj setup.

In the old days it was mainly a mapping issue, ie getting the fueling down enough on 1000cc etc injectors, but thats not a prob these days.

Technically its better to have stand off injectors like that, but in reality the difference is negligable on a turbo car, same as running individual throttles per cyl is.

And the extra parts and effort (and potential for things to go wrong) makes most people not bother.

6 injectors, 1 fails, car develops a missfire.
12 injectors, 1 fails, car runs lean, piston melts, rebuild time.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont wish to run them, I am just a little rusty from all this car tuning business. I was into it about 8 years ago and then moved on to company cars etc... I just recall all of the old technology and stuff and it constantly amazes me how far we have moved on....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.