GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Ive got coil over suspension that is set at the highest setting at the moment (to avoid damage on the boat from Japan) - i want to get it to a more suitable height, but ive only just replaced the front tyres cos they were wearing on the inside. Basically i need to adjust the camber but i dont think this is possible on the R32.

Is there a Nismo or similar part which replaces one of the suspension components to allow the camber to be adjusted? I know Whiteline do something, but i would ideally like to get it from Japan (cos i can get it cheaper then!). It would also be handy if someone could show me a pic ? Im not familiar with the suspension set up on the '32 !?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply !

Ive been busy looking things up too, as no-one else on here seems to know.

It seems that to adjust the camber i need adjustable upper control arms. The adjustable tension rod seems to adjust castor and toe in. But if your Cusco one does camber too then im very interested ! A part number would be excellent, a picture would be even better !

Im assuming the tension tod is the 12 inch long rod which is round at one end with a bush in the middle, and flattened at the other with two M6 or M8 studs sticking out ?

Thanks
Chris

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,680 Posts
Chris,

I don't think the tyre wear is down to the ride height.
The wheels stay square to the tarmac through out their movement.

Normally a reduction in camber in a GT-R will lead to under steer!:eek:
And nobody wants that!;)

I think the adjustable camber tension rods
are normally used to increase the camber.

You will just have to get used to swapping
your tyres around bi-monthly!

Its a chore, but worth it!!!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have adjustable top links on my current car an a spare set from an earlier Skyline for sale in the private ads.

In my experience Skylines like a bit of additional camber at the race track, but it hurts the life of the tyres significantly to race track camber on the road.

It only takes an hour to alter the set-up between track and road and is well wort it to get handling when you need it and some mileage from your tyres.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Adjustable top arms do the trick nicely.

Unique Autosport in Australia sell them but I am sure they are available somewhere in the UK.

I'm running 4.5 degrees negative for both road and track use and have found tyre wear to be pretty even...possibly due to a noteable lack of straight road use:D

The only downside is an increase in twitchyness (is that a word) under hard braking but you get used to it pretty quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.