GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had my ride height adjusted - Teins in front, which were a breeze to set, and in the rear, I have Mine's branded Ohlins (without external reservoir), and the shop said they couldn't adjust them. Not clear if they meant "they can't do it" or "it's impossible" - in Korean you use the same words for both meanings :p

The Mine's coilovers didn't have the fine threading that most coilovers do, but the spring collar did look like it was mounted on a thread, although the thread was pretty wide (maybe up to an inch between threads). Do they just require special wrenches, or are these coilovers fixed height?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I have the Mine's Ohlins and they are platform adjustable.
You can pull the collar out and then put it back in any of the grooves to set the ride height as you want it.

I (not being incredibly mechanically minded), would say it's not the easiest job in the world as you need to compress the spring to then get to the collar but, I had a garage do it for me, and they made it look very easy with the right tools.

Hope that helps a little :).

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so they're not quite adjustable in place? In other words, pull the coilover, remove the platform and spring, replace the spring and platform in new desired position? I'll have to take a look - I was thinking of lowering them 8-10mm but if it's too much of a hassle I'll just let them be.

Great coilovers aren't they though? Wish I had them in the front too!

·
Banned
466 Posts
so they're not quite adjustable in place? In other words, pull the coilover, remove the platform and spring, replace the spring and platform in new desired position? I'll have to take a look - I was thinking of lowering them 8-10mm but if it's too much of a hassle I'll just let them be.

Great coilovers aren't they though? Wish I had them in the front too!
I wouldnt call them coilovers, but rather sport struts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts