GTR Forum banner

Admit it, who else has considered doing this ?

3K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  TREG 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Although the roads are very quiet at the moment I would think it's highly likely that one of the cars you do see is likely to be an emergency vehicle.
Sadly this was the one that driver didnt want to see!!

#15 ·
I’ve not considered for a moment taking my plates of and going for a little excursion.... that said I ‘had’ to go into the office the other day and it only took 40 minutes to get from Nottingham to Lincoln....

#24 ·
I live 15 miles or so from a de-restricted German autobahn. Unfortunately, I don't live in Germany so sneaking across the border to use it would potentially have extremely severe ramifications, if caught.

Fortunately though, going for a drive here is not frowned upon during this period of staying at home as much as possible (it is accepted that it's good for mental health and people can do so while practising physical distancing), so I am able to drive the local mountain roads; at least, currently. This is a great way to run-in the new car, while fewer other cars are around, rather than just commuting.

#27 ·
Near us, on route to civilisation and any food shops there is a completely deserted 2 laned 'A' road.. so I have definitely had the devil sitting on my shoulder... But have behaved as value my license too much... Acceleration from low down to legal speeds never fails to put a smile on my face though!

#30 ·
Acceleration would have to come under careless or dangerous driving laws...as the Police cannot measure acceleration, only speed. If done in the right way, I’m not sure they’d be able to make a case against you for accelerating hard up to the specified speed limit of the road that you were on.

#31 ·
I got pulled over by Plod and accused of exceeding the speed limit on a dual carriageway to which I said I was not (because I wasn't). Then they changed their accusations to claiming I'd accelerated hard off the lights (the lights are on the dual carriageway). I pointed out that I had not accelerated hard, I had merely accelerated quicker than most cars but I was not using anywhere near full throttle; hence it was not hard. Amazingly their reply was "Ok, fair point, I do know how fast these things can go and I will admit you could have gone a lot quicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.