GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The business. All mods declared, fully comp, legal cover, courtesy car, plus if the car is trashed the policy pays for another car and all listed modifications.

£987

Under a ton a month. That will do nicely.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Wow...nice one :)

I used to always use Adrian Flux (had Agreed Value policys) but they where a joke this year...more then double anyone else !

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think Adrian Flux have lost it recently as they used to be great but there premiums seemed to have jumped up in past couple of years.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Hardly in the same league as our long haired gentle giant Jae, but have just renewed with A-Plan at £500 with all the trimmings. Excellent!!:squintdan

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I've always been with Adrian Flux in the past but on the skyline, they couldn't even get close to the £730 I was quoted by A-plan.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As a coda to my original enthusiasm

I have not taken this policy as I refuse to pay a 35.4% APR for the 'privilege' of paying monthly.

And A-Plan quoted me £1578.

Not enjoying this at all. Money grabbing, lazy sh*ts.

Currently waiting for mce to get off their asses and provide me with an eleventh hour excellent quote (so I am assured) after three and a half days of waiting.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Mmm. Let me think about that - oh yeah, I can't afford to pay in one.

I'm sorry, but that was a f***in' stupid question... But, in proper answer:

Separation. Running the 'family' home for four months on me tod. Then bought a new house outright, then furnished it. Then sold the old house separately to avoid divorce issues and claims, or at least minimise liability. Then dealt with all the legal and financial costs. And Christmas is coming. And I drive a 120000 mile car that occasionally finds a bit I haven't replaced to fail expensively.

Not that you knew, but hey, you asked. :D

And why shouldn't I pay monthly without penalty? I do it on all my other insurance policies, it's part of my money managment.

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
just hope you never have to claim JAE

chocolate Teapot springs to mind with Flux

mook

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems to be a common problem Mook

I have now spoken to a lot of insurance companies and brokers, and although they sell plans for modified cars, they are actually market value plans where they are prepared to accept the additional risks that come with a modded car and it's owner, but actually the pay out is book price on the car and you have to fight for anything else.

Guess I'll stay where I am until I crank up some decent funds and then go shopping. Damn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts