GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, chaps!

I have finally installed the new wheels and tires on my car that I have been waiting for quite some time now. So, decided to share it with you guys. I'll upload some of the pics I made really soon but now for a starter just a little teaser...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks mate!! On a side note, what happened with you car? Did you collect it already? Is everything ok with the wheels and the bumper?
Yes mate I collected it on Saturday but its gone back for an oil change. Bumper and wheels have been fitted, have a look at some of the pictures on my project thread.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes mate I collected it on Saturday but its gone back for an oil change. Bumper and wheels have been fitted, have a look at some of the pictures on my project thread.
WOW!! It does look much better with the DBA front!!! I am glad, I have been a part of your project in some kind :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The offsets look perfect, what size wheels and offsets did you go for?
Thanks!

Front wheels - 21x10.5 with 285/30/21 Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires
Rear wheels - 21x12.5 with 355/25/21 Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires

Ooh, and the wheels are ADV05.1 SL's :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice combination! have you felt any change in the steering with the 10.5's I was thinking of sticking with 9.5's but if it make's no difference I might do the same. I had the same idea as you for the rear would love to see a photo from the back to how the 12.5's look. Do you know the offsets? as the wheels and tyres look perfectly in line with the arches, best I've seen. I will look forward to a side photo.
btw is that your garage it looks better than most showrooms!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice combination! have you felt any change in the steering with the 10.5's I was thinking of sticking with 9.5's but if it make's no difference I might do the same. I had the same idea as you for the rear would love to see a photo from the back to how the 12.5's look. Do you know the offsets? as the wheels and tyres look perfectly in line with the arches, best I've seen. I will look forward to a side photo.
btw is that your garage it looks better than most showrooms!
one last thing were you able to use the standard TPMS's?
Thanks once again!! I do like my garage a lot as well!! Unfortunately, I don't know the offsets but ADV.1 makes them specially for the car they are intended to go on. Furthermore, those are the SL's so they have been precisely engineered for the GT-R. The rear wheels are not perfectly in line though. But it doesn't look that bad to my eye and I can be very picky sometimes...

About the TMPS sensors, I bought the wheels with tires and sensors and balancing from WheelsBoutique in US so, they are not the standard ones. However, it does give me an error which I think, is because of the fact that they haven't been reprogrammed yet.

P.S.: are 24 photos a bit more than I need to post or they should be fine? :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
That offset looks spot on mate :thumbsup:

Stop teasing us and get some more pics up :D

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
About the TMPS sensors, I bought the wheels with tires and sensors and balancing from WheelsBoutique in US so, they are not the standard ones. However, it does give me an error which I think, is because of the fact that they haven't been reprogrammed yet.
US TPMS sensors use a different frequency to the EDM cars (unless yours was a US import?)

ps your motor is looking lovely now Borislav. :cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
US TPMS sensors use a different frequency to the EDM cars (unless yours was a US import?)

ps your motor is looking lovely now Borislav. :cool:
Now this thing I don't like... what do you mean with that? :confused: Would I have to dismount the tires and change the sensors? :eek: Please tell me no!!

And thanks!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Sorry buddy but if you got US sensors, they wont work on an EU sourced car.

You can swap over the sensors but yes, that would mean dismounting the tyres.

Sorry for shitting on your buzz... :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry buddy but if you got US sensors, they wont work on an EU sourced car.

You can swap over the sensors but yes, that would mean dismounting the tyres.

Sorry for shitting on your buzz... :(
Thanks for clearing that up, Andy! I have now contacted WB to tell me what exact sensors they have put on the wheels. But I guess, that wouldn't make much difference... :(

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
USA & Japan use 315MHz, Europe uses 433 MHz on the TPMS.

So if you have to have them removed you could re-coup some costs by selling them to people with Japanese Imports.

Wheels look lovely!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts