GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello friends. Im getting ready to restore my r32 gtr and i was wondering if anyone has removed the engine and gearbox out the bottom while lifting the car up on a 2 post lift. i recently got the lift and while i've removed engines with engine hoist ive never done it this way. i searched but could only find write ups of how to remove out the top with engine hoist.

thank you

James

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
If you intend on dropping them together whilst still attached to the subframe, it will be a lot easier than removing from the top.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you intend on dropping them together whilst still attached to the subframe, it will be a lot easier than removing from the top.
yeah i want to drop it as a unit. plan is after removing everything that is in the way undo trans brace, then engine brace support it and then undo engine mounts. just not sure if that would be the correct order. any tips on parts that need to come off or not come off

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
It’s always easier to remove anything that will be difficult to get to once the transmission and engine are on the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts