GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm trying to work out what car is best for my needs, so please excuse the post as not being marque specific.

My criteria is; Quick (0-60 sub 5 if poss, 0-100 about 10-12) GT-ability (touring/luggage/comfort!), track-ability (ie drive to 'ring etc and then be good round it) not too expensive to run (fuel, tyres, ins etc) and good engine noise!? Budget up to 12k-ish. Occasional track use, maybe the odd sprint or two.

I'd originally thought of a roadster; 3.2 Boxster S etc but I don't think they'd have enough space for me (not personally!) especially as it would be handy to get spare wheels/tyres/tools in for trackdays.

So then I moved on to 'GT' type cars like a 944 turbo, 350z etc

Then the e46 M3 seemed ideal, but I think running costs on an Impreza/Evo/R32 wouldn't be as costly.

So, I'm back where I left off (my last car was an STiRA) and would like advice as to the pros/cons of my short-list! Impreza Spec-C, Type 25, Evo 8 and R32 GTR

Or indeed if you think I've ended up at the wrong conclusions and I should be looking elsewhere!

Cheers
wad

·
Registered
736 Posts
hey mate! from your avatar i can see you owned an imprezza already so you know what to expect from those,

but i once had it described to me like this:

Evo: can thread the needle, nimble light and powerful
R32 GTR: So much power its crazy, in and out of power turns, tears your insides apart!

with 12k for an r32 GTR you can get yourself a VERY nice track ready car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey mate! from your avatar i can see you owned an imprezza already so you know what to expect from those,

but i once had it described to me like this:

Evo: can thread the needle, nimble light and powerful
R32 GTR: So much power its crazy, in and out of power turns, tears your insides apart!

with 12k for an r32 GTR you can get yourself a VERY nice track ready car
If I went for the R32 part of the attraction was that I might be able to get one under budget (8-10?) and have some left over;)

Cheers

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Buy some lottery tickets first, then toss a coin on the R32 vs R32. If you win the lottery you can use the proceeds to run the car!

Better yet, go to the Krispy Kreme meet and see if someone off here might be willing to take you for a little spin in one of each. See if you can tell the difference, if you can find two standard GTRs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buy some lottery tickets first, then toss a coin on the R32 vs R32. If you win the lottery you can use the proceeds to run the car!

Better yet, go to the Krispy Kreme meet and see if someone off here might be willing to take you for a little spin in one of each. See if you can tell the difference, if you can find two standard GTRs.
When are where is that meet?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
True, and I do like the look and that they are a bit newer, but I thought the '32 was the better drive/handler? - I await advice from those who, unlike me, are in the know;)

Cheers
The suggestion was based upon the GT-ability bit of the requirements spec as much as anything. I don't want this to get into an r32/33 discussion, so fanboys stand down... :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
well you have already had the recommendation for 32 and 33 GTR, how about a Toyota Supra TT, a UK spec comes with leather seats too so quite comfortable and a devil of a machine in addition very tunable too. but go for a maual not auto.:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
12,632 Posts
Check this out mate only £8250 and with a bit of haggling maybe a little less. Then you've got 4k for a bit of tuning!

Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I think you'll find that car is stolen/ringed and shipped from Japan under false plates example. No chassis number under the bonnet as they have been drilled out;)

·
Registered
794 Posts
for 12k mate, u gonna get not just a nice R32, itll be a killer 600hp with all bells and whistles plus everything sorted in and out

r32 for thw win:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts