GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this after getting the car cleaned :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57333195/DSC_0419.jpg

Any ideas on the best way to deal with it..? Will show it to my Detailer nearby later on this week but thought i get some advice here first..?

Paul ?? What do you think? I know you gotta see it in person to really tell what to do but worth asking..

Really sucks because this kinda stuff ONLY seems to happen to my gtr and none of the cars :mad: Even though the other cars get abused much more lol..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
That needs painting. It's down to the primer and looks like rust as well. Can't be rust as your bonnet Alloy, but defo needs painting
Regards Goldie

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a respray jobby mate
I know, but im hoping to avoid a full respray and maybe just clean up the area + add some paint and sealant to avoid any rusting..

That needs painting. It's down to the primer and looks like rust as well. Can't be rust as your bonnet Alloy, but defo needs painting
Regards Goldie
Yea i doubt its rust, i think its the color of whatever has hit the bonnet..

I hope my detailer can use his magic and make it unnoticeable..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Full respray is the only way to do it properly, its not that expensive, I had a similar mark on my Merc c class, bonnet respray came in at £350 I think with a local body shop and only took 2 days, gave me a run around in that time as well. I was worried about a colour match as it was a very strange merc metallic black, very dark grey, but they got it spot on. The time spent pissing around filling it, touching it up and trying to get it unnoticeable will probably cost more than a respray.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Full respray is the only way to do it properly, its not that expensive, I had a similar mark on my Merc c class, bonnet respray came in at £350 I think with a local body shop and only took 2 days, gave me a run around in that time as well. I was worried about a colour match as it was a very strange merc metallic black, very dark grey, but they got it spot on. The time spent pissing around filling it, touching it up and trying to get it unnoticeable will probably cost more than a respray.
+1 for this comment.

I had my 350z bonnet keyed, and it was actually alot less hassle to get a full respray rather than a repair. Cost me £320 for the whole bonnet, and 350z bonnets are big! Colour match was spot on too.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
hassan you could get a touch up set and fill then lacquer then flat and polish to reduce but the only way to get rid altogether is to re paint

Paul

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea i understand it needs a full on respray to get rid of it completely but since i just got my bumper resprayed a couple months back im gonna hold off for a bit. Just get the area cleaned up..

hassan you could get a touch up set and fill then lacquer then flat and polish to reduce but the only way to get rid altogether is to re paint

Paul
Thanks Paul.. Gonna send it to Alfie's place soon and get it sorted :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts