GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been given a lend of a ramp in a garage in order to change the rear subframe in a couple of weeks.
Is there a how to guide anywhere(yes I haved searched),is it a hard job is there much to it.Are there any bolts that need to be replaced etc.I am pretty good mechanically,well... .
Thanks
Dave.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How comes ur changing ?? in essence its a simple nut and bolt jobbie, obv caution around brakes pipes etc if they havnt been off before make sure to lube up first and use the proper spanner's to prevent rounding... other than that should be simple enough

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
And dont forget all the hydraulic 4wd stuff ontop of the diff, the speed sensors on the diff need dissconnecting, oh and the Hicas, (if youve still got it). Its not a difficult job, just be methodical, and take pics. It did seem to take longer than i thought it would and having an extra pair of hands is always good, (with the diff and drive shafts/ancillaries it weighs allot!).
You might want to replace the diff bushes and the 4 main subframe bushes (depending on their condition), whilst its off too?
I did mine a while back to replace all the bushes with Nismo items, but am going to do again soon as I want to reinforce a new subframe ive got where the sus. arms pivot, (Group A style) and get it galvanised too.
Let me know if you need any other help?
:thumbsup:
bob

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the advice lads.Gonna change out all the bushes and remove the hicas while its out as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts