GTR Forum banner

Advice on Importing

818 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MattPayne 
#1 ·
Looking for any information on importing from Japan. Anyone got any good links? Advice? Horror stories?
Thanks

#4 ·
Hope this helps.

Try talking to Miguel at Newera, he is an ace guy and drives an R33GTR in Japan.

I searched and searched the net for peoples experience, and he came more highly recommended by many groups than anyone else.

He will be the guy I use to import my skyline(if my finances ever get straightened out :( ) if I dont take advantage of a couple of other offers I have.

Good luck, let us know what happens when you take the plunge,

James.........:cool:

BTW here is his website address, and dont forget that Japan is 8hours ahead of us if you call him !!! lol

www.neweraimports.com

#5 ·
I have also raised this topic sometime ago but onone seemed to have given any advice, I hope this doesn't indicate people to keep it as trade secret but any info really is appreciated.

The only main part I need to get thru now is the ESVA, can somebody tell me how I can either obtain a report or any ways not having to do external testing...

Thanks

#7 ·
You wont need to have the external 'thousand-pound-a-time' tests, just the simpler tests... the topic has been covered many times, but its such a common thing, that I think there should be a couple of pages somewhere with all the details of whats needed... :)

For my R32, i needed to buy...

rear Fog light + illuminated switch
Side indicator repeaters
Speedo converter
Fuel neck filler reducer
'E' marked 'H' rated or higher tyres

My car took 2 attempts to pass... it failed on noise, tyres, and a loose amplifier wire the first time...

hope that helps...
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.