GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
running a fairly standard engine with only the following mods.

3,5" HKS full-dragger pipe all the way from turbo's
New uprated downpipes,
open HKS foam airfilter,
Nismo ECU.

I haven't mangled with the boost pressure yet, and it is currently running 330 bhp ATH.

I would like to pull between 50 - 100 BHP more. (or what ever more can be found in the dark corners:) )

could I get that from just upping the boost? was told that it could run a safely 1,2 bar???
and what would the next step be?

what would you recommend me doing?

·
Registered
440 Posts
you need larger turbos,afms, larger injectors 550cc +, larger fuel pump that will give you 480ATH @ 1.6bar. bigger cams will see more power.

standard ceramic turbo shouldnt be used above 1bar as they will break. maximum power from standard turbos would be 370ATH @ 1.2bar ish

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if I have doubts of wether or not my turbo's are the original or not, how do I check it? with out taking them apart :)

dumb Q---> AFMS is it the air flow meter's??
and with regards to the fuelpump, I was told it was capable of reaching the 500+ mark with out upgrades..? bad information?

and is there any particular model you could recommend for the upgrades?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It depends on what you've got, I know someone with stock pump running 650hp, the early R32 ones seem better. However they very carefully monitored the fuel pressure and flow to check everything was/is OK.

The new Garrett's seem good value upgrade and good power, you could also rebuild your std turbo's. The only way to check is to take them appart.

AFM = air flow meters, look for Z32's or Mines/Nismo's

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what's the parts name for the new garret's?
and maybe if you could recomend a good supplier as i live in Denmark, and don't stop by reinik or abbey much :-(

if I take my turbo's apart it should be easy to see wether the fan is ceramic or steel right?

and if the AFM's are of those 3 brands, they should cope with the extra bhp's?

anything else i got to know before i start ripping my baby apart??

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
GT-R Turbos

Search around for suppliers, I know some people have got them from the US as there cheep.

You can take them appart, I have no idea how to tell if there ceramic or not, again that's probally been disscussed before

Z32 is Nissan 300ZX AFM, Mines and Nismo are brands, any of these can take the extra flow you need, you can find the Z32's for sale on here or eBay.

I wouldn't rush into ripping it appart, but that's me, have a look for the service manual, this can tell you what goes where etc..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found a place called ssautochrome.com in the US... any of you have any experience with them=?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts