GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last god knows how long i've been waiting for the right 34 to come along and i think i've finally found what i'm looking for R34 GTR S1 F-Sport.

The car is supplied by Zele and i have no problem in dealing with them, although some advice would be welcomed, but my concern is getting her registered here :rolleyes:

Yes i have searched the archives about SVA, but still do not really understand the processes involved, sorry to be a pain but i really need someone to shed some light on this for me.

To my limited knowledge it appears that you can register a 'standard car' i.e. 'as supplied from the factory' without any aftermarket modifications or changes to the manufacturers specifications, i hope i've got that part right?

So techincally speaking does this mean the S1 could be classed as a standard model supplied by Nismo/Omori for Nissan? and would it pass SVA?

·
Registered
717 Posts
For the last god knows how long i've been waiting for the right 34 to come along and i think i've finally found what i'm looking for R34 GTR S1 F-Sport.

The car is supplied by Zele and i have no problem in dealing with them, although some advice would be welcomed, but my concern is getting her registered here :rolleyes:

Yes i have searched the archives about SVA, but still do not really understand the processes involved, sorry to be a pain but i really need someone to shed some light on this for me.

To my limited knowledge it appears that you can register a 'standard car' i.e. 'as supplied from the factory' without any aftermarket modifications or changes to the manufacturers specifications, i hope i've got that part right?

So techincally speaking does this mean the S1 could be classed as a standard model supplied by Nismo/Omori for Nissan? and would it pass SVA?

I am pretty sure in saying that this would not pass uk esva as its a modified gtr regardless of who did it. Take it as a modified car with a view to having to revert back to standard to get through the esva

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure in saying that this would not pass uk esva as its a modified gtr regardless of who did it. Take it as a modified car with a view to having to revert back to standard to get through the esva

Umm, surely it's just another model / variant isn't it? The 400R is/was a production model as is the Z tune today surely the S1 is no different?

·
Registered
717 Posts
no not at all. The nismo varients are just modified gtr's. The z-tune (ok used gtr v-spec's) where completely remanufactured vehicles and they still would not pass esva in the uk on the current testing required.

Its all down to what is required to meet the bs regulations and it would not pass as it is without modifications to do so

·
Registered
225 Posts
Amazing car, how much did it sell for [with it's 55,000kms]? I know they aint cheap!!!

There are people/traders on here that have imported R34's recently, just keep asking, someone will help. If you can't get an F-Sport through the tests etc, Zele got a bunch of wicked standard 34's, why not get one of them and mod it over here with the cash you would save?

Can I ask how you were gonna deal with Zele directly Z-Tune?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amazing car, how much did it sell for [with it's 55,000kms]? I know they aint cheap!!!

There are people/traders on here that have imported R34's recently, just keep asking, someone will help. If you can't get an F-Sport through the tests etc, Zele got a bunch of wicked standard 34's, why not get one of them and mod it over here with the cash you would save?

Can I ask how you were gonna deal with Zele directly Z-Tune?
Under the FAQ section on their site it covers delivery and shipping, plus i'm off to Japan in April. Worst case i would of hired an intepretor.

Looks like its going to be an up hill struggle, especially if the cars been SOLD, still i'm sure theres a few more out there - still this bloody country :mad: i'm not giving up though

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't know if Shin still worked for them following the collapse of his company here?

Already discussing some ideas with Rick, thanks for heads up

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is no model-report for the R34GTR as far as I know. But you could have one made up. I think it's about £3000 or something to have a one-off model-report. Surely BMS Ltd would know more about this?

·
Registered
930 Posts
so how long untill a r34 wont need a sva?is it anycar over 10 years old?2009 you could start bringing them in with out one?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If I´m not mistaken the F-sport package is the engine and the S-tune package is a "handling package" from nismo. So on the car where it says both, it simply has both packages installed. It´s a bit confusing since S1 seems to be another, cheaper, engine package. Please correct me if I´m wrong here... You can find more info (in Japanese) on this page:

NISMO CAR'S FACTORY "NISMO ƒJ�[ƒYƒtƒ@ƒNƒgƒŠ�["�bƒpƒbƒP�[ƒWƒJ�[ƒ‰ƒCƒ“ƒiƒbƒv�bSKYLINE GT-R [BNR34] S-tune, S1 Package

/P

1 - 20 of 29 Posts