GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Please give me your thoughts on the following. My R33 GTR has HKS Filters, Stage 1 Chip, HKS Exhaust, and 0.8 Bar of boost. I reckon on about 360 BHP. Sound right?

Thinking about Apexi Power FC, Tomei Cams and new injectors, with about 1.0-1.1 Bar of boost. What power can I expect, and can I (safely) run more boost than that? (Intercooler is currently standard)

Give me your thoughts. Any advice / experiences would be gratefully accepted!

Andy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
1.1 Bar

is the max to go on standard turbos - the ceramic bits dont like it ny higher and might let go in an expensive way.

I might be wrong but wouldn't have thought you'd need bigger injectors yet - better to get the boost control integrated with the Power FC( seperate module).

I've got a similar set up without the Power FC and have the turbo's set at c 1Bar and wouldn't want them higher than that. Unfortunately to make real gains the turbo's need upgrading now - more ££££.

Cheers

Iain

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Iain.

Have a look at the other one I posted (Possible Clutch Slip) and see if that rings any bells with you! I take it your on an uprated clutch? If so, what kind and how much?

Thanks,

Andy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nismo Clutch

will have to check my old receipts to see exactly what type tough. It's probably on the way out due to too many drag starts :) . Don't know why yur torque is splitting to the front - mine doesnt until it's really booted or wet - so dont think it's a clutch issue.

From memory some people's kick in earlier no idea why

cheers
Iain

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch

Cheers mate. Paul Stewart at Middlehurst reckons it could be either just the difference in the tyre depths, or dirt on the wheel speed sensor... Who knows? Get it checked at the next service!

Anyone else with any ideas?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
>>What power can I expect, and can I (safely) run more boost than that? (Intercooler is currently standard)

At 1.1 bar with all the stuff mentioned you should be able to see about 420bhp at the engine. Add a new intercooler and you'll be about 440 bhp.

Cya O!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Andy have you got downpipes?

As the spec did not mention them. They are very retrictive and are worht changing before going down the new cams route.

Rgds Ian W

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Downpipes...

Hadn't forgotten about them Ian, just didn't mention them, as I asumed you would have to do them, same as on Cossie 4x4's you need to chane to a 2wd downpipe for more power!:) Any one's you guys can recommend that work best. (Seen / read a lot about Trust ones.)

The more ideas the better, as you guys can watch it being built!

Andy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts