GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not dressing up like a lady, not knocking it if that's your thing ; )

So, never really been into 1/4 mile stuff etc as I like a twistie hoon. But a few of my mates are organising a small meet up where it's the Kent boys vs the Hertfordshire boys so it's time to get serious and up hold the GT-R flag lol. The meet finishes at pod and I've never dragged before.

Only launched the car a couple of times since owning her so any advice re best rpm/tyre pressures welcome. There's one car in their group that could be some serious competition so need to beat him lol. I'm stage 1 with ecutek and running mpss.

Cheers

Sauce

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I find a bit of wheel spin of the line is good, don't want to launch too hard or not enough so the car bogs. Around 3500-4000 is good I think.

Low tyre pressure, 14psi during my last testing was ideal.

MPSS are good, r888 are better but a smaller wheel with drag tyres is perfect.

I run at pod R R OFF , if traction control kicks in you lose a lot of power.

I live in Hertfordshire can I join in lol?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds interesting..
Keep me posted the both of you..
IM in as long as im not away.

Goldie

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Dampers in comfort has to be best - you warnt the rear to squish more to aid traction.

I find my car spins too much and then traction kicks in slowing it down - my best launches have been with traction off (650hp/bridgestones)

Changing first gear in time is tricky. Quodos if you manually change before hitting the limiter - sounds amazing when you do though!

Interested in the other tips. I dont do mine often and would like to get the best out of it when I do.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers boys : ) will slyly let pressures down with out them knowing so they don't think I'm taking it to seriously lol. Having the circlips done in a few weeks so will try some of the tips beforehand.

Not sure re attendance at the mo as it's a small click affair from group of hooners I do runs with. Oh and I don't want Matt on their side lol.

I can always sort something for another date though ; )

Goldie geez, hope your hols are going well mate.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yeah I find if you hit the up shift at around 5,500 by the time it changes it's close to the limiter ... Launching in auto and then switching over to manual for 2nd gear is a good idea!

Fly that gt-r flag high :) what are you up against?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Try to avoid the as much of the water in the water box as you can before staging

·
Registered
692 Posts
Only let the pressure out of the rear tyres. Very unlikely you will spin the fronts at pod, so if you take pressure out of them you are just adding drag.
Get the rears down to ~20psi. Are you running any BOTL on your launch control?
What's the car in the Herts team that you think will be good competition?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd suggest going to SVM and giving them a big pile of money.
That seems to work well. :)
Lol !! Your replys make me smile !! Cheaper to play with tyre pressures until you master the Christmas Tree and how to best 'Leave the Line' Living 20 minutes from the Pod and having done Hundreds of passes on this strip it isn't as easy as you might imagine it is. My advice : Get a bit of practice in without your mates knowing. Lol
Don't forget to reset tyres before journey home !!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the advice fellas ; ) yeah will remember to bump the reads back up lol.

Tbh will I wasn't planning on launching until knew my mate was bringing his animal of an Audi S2. It's a proper sleeper but having seen it launch hard on a run in Wales I know it will be quick out the blocks. It now has meth as well so I thought any advice on technique would help better my chances lol. Not worried re extra power as stage 1 for hooning has been such a great balance. In fact a recent spirited hoon with my pals see the fat Datsun ditch a porker turbo running 675 bhp. Once that happened I was more than happy with my current set up ; ) although perhaps suspension some where down the line.

I'll leave the crazy drag times to the big guns. Looking forward to having a go though. Let's hope I don't get hooked and start that slippery slope of mods : )

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thanks for all the advice fellas ; ) yeah will set remember to bump the reads back up lol.

Tbh will I wasn't planning on launching until knew my mate was bringing his animal of an Audi S2. It's a proper sleeper but having seen it launch hard on a run in Wales I know it will be quick out the blocks. It now has meth as well so I thought any advice on technique would help better my chances lol. Not worried re extra power as stage 1 for hooning has been such a great balance. In fax a recent spirited hoon with my pals see the fat Datsun ditch a porker turbo running 675 bhp. Once that happened I was more than happy with my current set up ; ) although perhaps suspension some where down the line.

I'll leave the crazy drag times to the big guns. Looking forward to having a to though. Let's hope I don't get booked and start that slippery slope of mods : )
I agree stage 1 is a sweet spot for those types of runs. Was "challenging" with stage 4.

·
Registered
136 Posts
drag

The stage fours are probably losing out in the first 30 ft or so as the tyres are struggling to handle those extra £££££ sorry Horses. Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts