GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I currently own an Evo6. I am strongly considering a change and the only car I think of which will be able to live upto the Evo is a Skyline. I just want to ask the following questions to get a better idea of what im potentially getting into:
1) I'm after an R-34 GTR, what are the fundamental differences between the V-Spec and Non V-Spec
2)what are the service Intervals
3)what is the fuel consumption like(the Evo has herendous fuel guzzling abilty so i'm used to it :D )
4)where/how to find a keenly priced genuiene examlpes
5)and any other information you think its important to be aware off
sorry to ask alot but im sure you'll all appreciate the challenge
Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Well.....seeing as you've waited all this time....

1. About £50
2. You want to service a GTR?? R34's are immune to such things!!
3. Put it this way....It snuff's a polar bear per mile!!
4. Aha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha..........
5. Be aware that R34's are simply THE best cars out there and some actually go for upwards of £30k :nervous:.

I reckon you could get a good one for about £5k needing a tiny bit of work, like a few stonechips or something!.

If it was me, I'd get one of these Z-tune things and turn it into a track slag....rip all the interior out etc and get a weld-in cage.

Happy to help.

TT

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi all,
I currently own an Evo6. I am strongly considering a change and the only car I think of which will be able to live upto the Evo is a Skyline. I just want to ask the following questions to get a better idea of what im potentially getting into:
1) I'm after an R-34 GTR, what are the fundamental differences between the V-Spec and Non V-Spec
2)what are the service Intervals
3)what is the fuel consumption like(the Evo has herendous fuel guzzling abilty so i'm used to it :D )
4)where/how to find a keenly priced genuiene examlpes
5)and any other information you think its important to be aware off
sorry to ask alot but im sure you'll all appreciate the challenge
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Heya!

Evo to GT-R is quite a difference. just bear in mind you will be losing a lot of practicality, especially with a 34.
You're losing two doors and a tonne of boot space!!!!
But if that's all good then...

1) V-Spec's have an active rear differential, stiffer factory suspension (largely irrelevant as these are usually changed to aftermarket setups), front splitter and rear diffuser. V-Spec's also have two extra lines of Data on their main MFD screen: Exhaust and Intake temperature.

2) Service intervals? As needed? It largely depends on how much and how hard you drive but the usual Turbo car stuff applies (oil every 5-10k km depending, etc...)

3)Depends on your right foot but as the 26dett never had variable cams it's pretty poor (aftermarket cams notwithstanding)

4) No idea as i'm in NZ - would recommend you get any second hand vehicle checked by a mechanic you know and trust.

5) R34 prices are going mental. Best investment is looking at the R33 - better chassis than the 32, easier to work on and tune than a 34 (CAN bus can and does cause headaches!) and they're the best price point imho.

Figure out what you want to do with the car and why you're looking at changing.
If you're after a drag strip monster, go with a 32 and throw the extra money intro mods :)
If you're after track and b-road runs then the 33 and 34 are a better option.
If you want to take the kids along too, stick with an Evo. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts