GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
linking on to my post under general chit chat(same subject) I'd jus like to ask which are the most cost effective mods that can be made on an R-34 GTR? what sort of gains can be expected from exhaust/induction mods?
Thanks in advance
P.S I am new to the board and dont yet own a skyline but hope to change from my Evo6 to an R-34 GTR in the near future.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
tuning

Hi there,

Basically, as with most Japanese turbo sports cars, the exhaust/air filter upgrade is the first stop for most people looking for more power. The GTR responds pretty well to these mods, and you can expect a % power gain slightly bigger than an Evo 6.
I have a friend with an Evo 6 and after ECU, airfilter, exhaust and intercooler he managed 330bhp. With the same mods on an R34 a few people in this forum have attained 421bhp(Joss, t6kyo)....so it does respond damn well:)
After that it's just a question of money....and power unheard of on Evos can be attained quite easily after bolting on bigger turbos and so on...

Best of luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your comment about the evo 6 is spot on. My friend's evo 6, with Apex'i boost controller/Super AFR/titanium exhaust/ and a whole load of other thingy only churns out 315 at the wheels running at 1.1 bar. The HKS man over here says that top hp is only possible up to 420-450 on te evo before it starts becoming unreliable.
But you know, having driven this evo 6, it feels much quicker in 1st and 2nd gear. More brutal and responsive there. But in 3rd gear, the GTR would fly to the front!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
R34 Power

Dear C2GSR

Yeah like DCD said me and Joss hit exactly the same bhp with the same mods. Albeit by different manufacturers but still good none the less. Going on from their is a bloody minefield of choice. Not a problem you just have to choose, and what BLINDING fun it is as well.

Just out of interest why are you changing the EVO. Have met a guy called Gary from up north with anice EVO and he is looking for a 34. Just an out of interest question :) .

T6KYO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts