GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm a new Newbie here so Hello to all ;)

Guys I'm very tempted by Litchfield stage 5 from RS-Direct.

Can you give me advise about any problebs that should be sorted on the car under the warranty and any other things that I should be aware / ask about?

Did anyone owne this car on this forum before?

What do you think about the price of this baby?

Thank you.
Kind Regards.
Paul.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
This one? http://www.rs-direct.co.uk/sales_detail.php?idno=342#.U2TSMtq9KSM

Looks to be in good nick. And price wise I would say about right depending on how good they tyres and brakes are. Having covered the number of miles it has I would expect the brakes to be good but if still on original rubber they may be nearly finished.

The best thing to do would be to contact Litchfields (phoning is your best bet) and ask them about it. And check if they would warranty it as well :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Is it a 2009 or 2010 car?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I was interested myself but the warranty offered wont cover a modified car so it basically isn't valid, with a Litchfield warranty in the price I would buy it myself for near the asking price.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Speak to the dealer and litchfield. Dealer takes car to litchfield who inspect the carand decide if they will or wont put their warranty on the car.
If they will you buy it.

Just depends if the dealer wants the hassle..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one?

Looks to be in good nick. And price wise I would say about right depending on how good they tyres and brakes are. Having covered the number of miles it has I would expect the brakes to be good but if still on original rubber they may be nearly finished.

The best thing to do would be to contact Litchfields (phoning is your best bet) and ask them about it. And check if they would warranty it as well :thumbsup:
yep..

I will call Litchfield Tuesday then...

Thank you.
Paul.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was interested myself but the warranty offered wont cover a modified car so it basically isn't valid, with a Litchfield warranty in the price I would buy it myself for near the asking price.
do you mean warranty offered by RS-Direct or which one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speak to the dealer and litchfield. Dealer takes car to litchfield who inspect the carand decide if they will or wont put their warranty on the car.
If they will you buy it.

Just depends if the dealer wants the hassle..
sounds like a good plan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hope you have better luck with the dealer than I did.
3 emails, 1 lame response missing out an answer to 3 of my 4 questions.

My wife phoned them and asked for some info and they were pretty blunt with her and in no accommodating as such we decide to buy a car from elsewhere.

Glad I did as I now have a 2014 plate car.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
do you mean warranty offered by RS-Direct or which one?

Thanks.

listen peeps ive been through all this.

rs direct offer warranty wise warranty which doesn't cover modified vehicles so it isn't worth the paper its written on.
I have spoken to litchfiled and they will inspect the car for a prospective buyer but they will not warranty it, they havnt seen the car for 18 months and understandably couldn't offer a warranty on it.

nothing is going to change whats above, when I asked rs direct if they would just take the car to litchfield just to get it health checked they havnt responded since, needless to say I wont ever be buying a car from them I couldn't trust them. I am on the list with Litchfield for a stage 4.5 - 5 car which is where you need to be if you want a warranty, but ive also got my eye on another beast though elsewhere...... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Looks like youve done the ground work.

Ive had this issue with main dealers and garages when trying to sell modified cars, they wont take them on because the warranty underwriters wont cover modified cars.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope you have better luck with the dealer than I did.
3 emails, 1 lame response missing out an answer to 3 of my 4 questions.

My wife phoned them and asked for some info and they were pretty blunt with her and in no accommodating as such we decide to buy a car from elsewhere.

Glad I did as I now have a 2014 plate car.
good to hear that I'm not alone then...guy on the phone sounds like he just can't be bothered...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
listen peeps ive been through all this.

rs direct offer warranty wise warranty which doesn't cover modified vehicles so it isn't worth the paper its written on.
I have spoken to litchfiled and they will inspect the car for a prospective buyer but they will not warranty it, they havnt seen the car for 18 months and understandably couldn't offer a warranty on it.

nothing is going to change whats above, when I asked rs direct if they would just take the car to litchfield just to get it health checked they havnt responded since, needless to say I wont ever be buying a car from them I couldn't trust them. I am on the list with Litchfield for a stage 4.5 - 5 car which is where you need to be if you want a warranty, but ive also got my eye on another beast though elsewhere...... ;)
I think I will start to look for another car too...

Where is that other beast...;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
I spoke to Jason at RS Direct the other day about a Stage 1 GTR they have in stock.
Called Litchfield, who said it's a 2 hour labour charge for the inspection & as long as it was ok they would warranty it. Jason had to check with Adam, but they said they could take it to Litchfield.

Haven't done the deal yet......

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does anyone know this car guys V700GTR which is on the autotrader, I can't paste links as I'm still to low on posts...

Cheers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts