GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys. I am getting ready to get seriously started on my build on my GTR33 and am trying to decide which engine managment system I want to go with. Initially I was planning on going with the Power FC, but I have heard that not many people know how to tune that over here in the SE (Georgia) part of the states. I also know that AEM recently released an EMS for the Skyline GTR33. I am just trying to decide what the better route is. Of course I know that the EMS offers better tuning and engine managment, however I do not know if it is REALLY necessary for my setup. Also I know that the Power FC is considered outdated and what not. Belive me, I have studied both systems pretty well so I know the benifits and drawbacks on each. I am really just trying to get opinions on what would be better for my setup.

I am shooting for about 575-600AWHP on my GTR33 that is street driven. I can get the EMS for about $1300 Shipped and the Power FC for about $700 shipped. Obviously it is a signifigant price difference. I just wanted to get your opinions on which setup would work best. What do you guys think? Power FC for $700 or EMS for $1300? 600AWHP Setup. Thx for the advice!

-Sayajin

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The CAS doesn't work very accurately, so there are issues with the ignition timing when using the AEM(or any aftermarket ecu). There are ways around this problem.

If you are going to use the AEM(which I do), I'd be inclined to wait untill they officially release info on for to fix this issue.

·
Registered
242 Posts
use the money saved from the PFC towards tuning costs, or you could even buy your own data logic software (NZ) for the PFC to be mapping on a laptop. the PFC has the runs on the board regardless of age - that alone should be enough in my book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts