1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Version Hood Pins

As used by Top Secret demo cars

Also as used by BTCC teams.

Flush mounting, ultra-lightweight, available with locks, these are the the future of hoodpins. They can adapt with most older style hoodpin setups to comply with series regulations that require flush hoodpins. supplied in a ready to install kit.

PLUS FLUSH NON LOCKING
£29.55

PLUS FLUSH LOCKING
£33.55

FLUSH NON LOCKING
£29.55

FLUSH LOCKING
£33.55

·
Registered
505 Posts
if you look at the first and second pics the nes in the first pic has like a rim around it,,i think thats the difference ,going on what i can see :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
One set is fixed from under the skin and the other over the skin. So if you have a single skin carbon bonnet with no bracing across the front corners you can fit theFlush units with no outer lip, more stream lined in its fit but you get fixing screws protruding. or like most of us you would pick the flanged type so you dont have catch your hands on the screws as they are countersunk in to the flange. Also you do not have to be quite so accurate in the hole cutting as the flange covers any slight imperfections. I have the second option on my car look on members gallery R1 NISMO. Hope this is of help!

3,663 Posts
Ben,

your a little late mate had and been fitting them for around 4 months.....LOL

3,663 Posts
Mick,

give Scott a ring he will sort you out.

Mark

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Is there any benefit having these on a stock bonnet ? (i.e. is the catch on the stock 32 bonnet good enough or is it worth having safety fasteners fitted ?)

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Catch

Daz said:
Is there any benefit having these on a stock bonnet ? (i.e. is the catch on the stock 32 bonnet good enough or is it worth having safety fasteners fitted ?)
Whens the last time your bonnet come loose and smashed into your windscreen on the road?

Recently?....

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
LOL ... well obviously never. But then, I'm thinking of having some fun at brunters and I've been told by one or two other 32 owners that it's a wise precaution to have bonnet pins / safety fasteners. Several have commented to me how the bonnet seems to try and lift at the front at higher speeds.

Atco knows what it's like to have his bonnet smash up against the screen ;) (but that's because he forgot to use his bonnet pins and relied on the standard bonnet catch).

Thank you for being my financial advisor though and trying to save me money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts