GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to put bonnet pins or an aerocatch on a carbon bonnet on a r34and if so which one would you suggest as ive had a bonnet lift up on the motorway previously on an evo.

personally i think they look a bit ugly but if its a must which one is the best looking.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I had lots of movement on my standard R33 GTR bonnet. I decided on aerocatches myself and personally I love them to look at, as well as the fact they sorted out my movement issues and gave me my confidence back at higher speeds :)
My personal opinion is that bonnet pins look cheaper, where as the aerocatches look more classy, but I must again make the point, thats personal opinion :D

·
Registered
25,953 Posts
Pins can rust quite badly depending on what type of go for. (Had pins on the 32)

aero catches are cheap and i can say im impressed with the ones from Gio's TS bonnet.

id go that route if you can

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys seems like aerocatch it is then .
are the only ones available made by aerocatch or is there another company out there that also makes them ( want the best looking ones ).

and do i need the locking one's.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Another for Aerocatches here mate!

Rockabilly what paint did you use on the plastic of the catch and how durable is it?
Cheers
:)
bob

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Aero catches, there was a couple of incidents where members of this forum and another forum has their bonnets smash up into the windscreen. So its a must matey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts