GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm currently investigating the possibilities of having some sort of front and rear diffusers made for my R32 GTSt. Its very likely that in 2-3 months time I will be having my car converted to RB26DETT and having a custom RWD 6 speed box made up. Obviously I would want high speed stability if I had this amount of extra power and the temptation to do 200mph would be too much for me :) Therefore I think an aero kit would be great.

Mark @ Abbey's 450bhp R32 GTR (different gear ratio's I think) with standard GTR bodykit but with some diffusers clocked 204mph at the Nurburgring. Therefore with my car with 500 ponies should be good for 200mph. But where can I get some diffusers/aerofoils made?

Does anyone on list have access to a windtunnel for some testing? Any companies that you know of in Japan already make such a kit for the R32?

Thanks in advance guys.

James

p.s. Don't advise me to buy a GTR. I want RWD only! :eek:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Top secret have a under body carbon fiber rear diffuser similar to the factory R34 ones for the R32.

And put a hugh functional wing on top of your trunk lid and you will be set.

Have to find something for the front though huh.

Jeff

·
Banned
349 Posts
I'll watch this thread................

and..............

am glad of some light entertainment on the board tonight.:D :D

Jamie.

PS: You can have a GTR with RWD only - it's called an HKS Torque Splitter, yours for about 500 squid.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Forgot!

About the wind tunnel,

I'll have a word with Ross Braun or Nicky Louder and see if they have got any pre-season down time they can give the GTR board for a favour:D

Please now excuse me why I laugh to death:p

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think Fuggles has a mate who is a Wind tunnel Man you could talk with him!

I think the cost is about 1K per Hour!!

R32 going above 180Mph or are you talking Kmh

I think you will be better buying a R34 which could with some work on the Engine do neer to 200Mph

What is the Diff rato and Gear rato need to run 200+ MPH?

I think that the gering would be to tall and you will need a drag to get going

See you on the Salt flats next year!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I might be wrong so here goes....lets start tonights first arguement....
If you want top speed forget R34's they have the aerodynamic front of a brick.
The R32 is better but....

A good R33 now you are talking much much slippier.
R34 owners eat your heart out!!

·
Banned
349 Posts
hello peggy!!!

Your probably right, but if you want a car for top speed only, buy an ultima GTR, a Diablo or a Turbo 4.

The Skyline gives a bit of everything and 180 MPH is enough for me!!!!

Thanks for the ride on Sat - I loved it.

When there is a sequential on the market that is guaranteed to be reliable, I'll be there:cool:

Jamie.

·
Registered
961 Posts
200+

http://drive.to/ish

top secret skyline r34 205 mph in 23 seconds in a tunnel
blasting past camera car
dont miss this clip!

·
Registered
288 Posts
That Top Secret car is actually an R33. I wouldn't otherwise be fussy, buy PEGLEG was trying to say that the R33 is best for top speed. This backs up what was said.

·
Registered
961 Posts
oops

sorry thats what i meant;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
32 Bits

Hi James.

Long time no speak.

Re the difffusers.

When I was at Mt.Fuji me and Mark happened upon a lonely 32 sitting well down the end of the pits on its own. Being nosey 'english types' we strolled down for a look-see. Low and behold front and rear carbon diffusers, custom made. And the company was, oh heres the link for yourself to peruse. Enjoy :D http://www.topsecretjpn.com/aerokit/bnr32.html

glen

ps. seems they may have done the wind testing for you. Oh and the rear diffuser looked the nuts by the way :D .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
R32 Body Kit

Nice looking car with a wicked colour ! I think it makes it look a liitle like a 34 in my opinion from the front !

You must have seen some amazing stuff in Japan Glen . Must go there sometime.Maybe we can organise a trip over there ?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
32 Bits

Forgot to mention James this is my next port of call re styling.

Give me a shout and I'll try and get some prices for you and me together if you like the bits (discount, discount ;) .)

I had a brief chat with 'em in Japan, and since by email, and they seem like top blokes.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 33 did 302kph ( about 188mph) at 8100 rpm at 3 am in S'pore. The guy who drove it was that same guy who drove that car in the tunnel! No diffusers. Plain stock exterior!

·
Registered
380 Posts
HKS Torque split controler

Jamie m

I have got a Hks Torque split on my 32GTR let me know how you select 2wd only i dont think this is possible????.:mad:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Hello!

I've seen it done, and have heard of it being done, but as I don't own one I can't tell you.

However, Gary, if your reading this please explain how it's done.

Cheers

Jamie.

·
Registered
380 Posts
GTR 2wd Scary Shit

This can be done by taking a fuse out of the fuse box under bonnet havent tryed it would like to know if its pos with the HKS split..................
:mad:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
How its done

Barry,
you have three knobs,
looking from the top down 1 knob to left 2 knobs to the right if its pointing forwards.
the first knob is on or off
so turn it on and the knobs light up
turn the other knobs fully off this gives you rear wheel drive
I think thats right only used it once as i did a 45\45 twist on damp roads its dangerouse so am waiting for the summer
ps dont forget to turn it OFF until you know how it works properly
it will catch you out
I have full instructions if you send me a fax on 01273 494439 I will fax them back
Gary
putting the GT back in the R:D (I like that one):smokin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts