GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of speculation on how this regulators are fabricated, and the quality of their components, so I decided it was a good Idea to take them apart side by side and evaluate their differences. Please let it be known that we fully stand behind any of this 3 regulators as we sell hundreds of them with a slim to none failure rate. However I know pictures speak more than 1000 words. And although they are very similar parts they have a few differences. Some are simply cosmetic, but there is also some differences it comes to their internals.
I used standard -10 regulators because, that would be the way to do apples to apples comparison. No matter which size inlet you get the internal components are shared thru out the manufactures line up. Also know that I will be adding a Weldon regulator in the coming days to this thread.
Looks wise the Fuelab one that comes in the most variety of colors as well as the smallest one of the group. The Aeromotive stands as the biggest unit, but also is the only one that comes fully assembled including the adjustment screw and the bracket to hold it. Both SX and Fuelab come with a bag that includes adjustment screw, bracket and hardware.

Once a part is very easy to start telling differences, the Aeromotive is the only one that uses a stamped piece of sheet metal as spring cap, both the SX and Fuel Lab use a CNC piece of brass, but only the fuel lab has a ball in the top for the adjustment screw to sit against an important feature, so that the screw doesn’t wear the metal out over time.

Once disassembled you can see, that the bottom of the diaphragm has a ball that sits against the base of the regulator in all of them, and the rubber material is obviously shaped differently in all of them. Even though to the naked eye it appears and feels to be the same type of material in all of them

Like I said I would be doing the same with a Weldon in the near future, but for now be confident with any of this regulators you will get a quality piece. The only differences between them are look, price, and some structural differences that could sway a person one way or the other.

Yours,

Eric Kerwin
Wholesale Manager
877-251-6489

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Weldon time.

Main points that I would like to highlight
-CNC Hat like the SX and FueLab, However the ball on the top of it is not fixed to it simply rests there between the adjustment screw and the hat.
-It is also the only one that has a sleeve in the bottom of the spring so that the spring sharp edge is not rested directly against the soft diaphragm material.
- And for the return port It uses a sleeve inside the return port that is removable.

Pictures…

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.