GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise please, i'm getting to the point now that my afm's are a bottleneck or at least one of the bottlenecks. I'm running a standard power fc, so which afm's are available as an upgrade and can be used inconjunction with PFC. I know about Z32's but they seem to fetch a premium, are gts afm's suitable? I know I will have to alter filters to suit larger diameter.

If i'd have had a bit more knowledge on the subject at the time I would have gone d jetro.

Or would i be better starting again and going for an afm less system?

Cheers Ed

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I used 2 RB25 AFMs. They work well... Same wiring and most air filters fit both.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used 2 RB25 AFMs. They work well... Same wiring and most air filters fit both.
Are the plugs the same? Or do I need to make sure I get the plug with the afm? Z32 require some mods do they?

I've seen rb25 afm's for £50ea, Z32 seem to be silly money for some reason?

Do they have to be Nissan afm's? or are there other more readily available options? I used to have a TVR and they used to upgrade with V12 jag afm's.

Cheers Ed

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
RB25's are a straight swap, just select then on the PFC. They are good for nearly 600hp or so..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok final dumb question apart from anyone got a pair, will I have to re-map or will the PFC self compensate when the rb25 afms are selected?

Cheers Ed

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
I've gone for Nismo AFM's on mine (not fitted yet though!!). Good for 775ps according to Nismo catalogue. Will need to remap PFC though. Will save you money on filters if nothing else LOL.

TT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts