GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

stockish GTR, jap chip

AFR seems to be really high at idle and part throttle, i have seen 12.0/1 at idle and worse on rundown

can someone just confirm that AFR is 14.5 at idle on a well running GTR when warm?, it seems to warm up right from cold.......AFR 15.0/1 but when its warm this just seems to go mega rich

lambdas need replacing maybe or they could even be disconnected from the ECU?, would this throw a code up?

regards, brian

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know that

its the 12.0 at idle that concerns me not the 15.0/1 during warmup because the rich condition causes borewash

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
As a reference, my car
Idles @ 13:1
On cruise its 14.7:1
WOT its 11.5:1

Usually cars should idle and cruise @ 14.7:1

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As a reference, my car
Idles @ 13:1
On cruise its 14.7:1
WOT its 11.5:1

Usually cars should idle and cruise @ 14.7:1
thanks mate!!!

mine is also off the scale rich lower than 10.0:1 at WOT

it does not use the lambda sensor at WOT though so why should it be so rich compared to yours?, i take it yours is stock or chipped ECU and not a remapped PFC or the like? (which we may expect to see leaner conditions on?)

Idles @ 12:1
On cruise its 11:1
WOT its <10:1

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
My ECU is programmable, hence me being able to chose the AFR's I like.

It sounds like your fuel pressure regulator has been moddod. Does it look like the top has been pushed in?(to alter the spring rate)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
What setup are you using? Injectors, ECU, FPR etc..

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

looks stock, the fuel pressure at idle is 3.5bar..

ECU is a nissan remanufactured ECU with a STORM chip ("tokyo power base" it says..)

injectors "look" stock?

i rebuilt it but i know nothing about the engine management side, thanks for helping!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
What setup are you using? Injectors, ECU, FPR etc..
I'm guessing your ECU uses wideband lambdas, therefore making your AFR readings reliable? I'm mulling over this particular issue now - I want wideband accuracy in my car, but I don't think the Apexi Power FC supports it (not sure on that), plus I'd like to drive an A/F meter with a wideband...meaning I might have to add a bung or two to my downpipes...?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i use the stock lambdas for the ECU and a wideband for a readout that does not go to the ECU (just displays the infomation in the cabin)

my AEM wideband has a facility to output the voltage to the ECU in narrowband format but this would only be one sensor for both banks and i assume the ECU can correct just bank one if need be, my wideband would give an average for both cylinders which would be a disadvantage?

(i have one at the sensor just before the cat, ebay do cheap bungs)

i guess for best results you would use two widebands but this would be expensive and TBH i have so many gauges now i cant look at them all lol

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
With the PFC datalogit, you can log AFR, but the ECU won't do anything with it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so can someone confirm that fuel pressure as stock is 3.5 bar at idle please?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Yes, I think its close. Mine is set to 48psi, which is 3.3bar. 3.5bar is 50psi.

I think STD is 48psi

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it seems that the car isnt going into closed loop, disconnecting the lambda sensors results in no change to the fuelling

ECU loom looks like it has a few spliced conections on it from a piggy back ECU that was once fitted and then removed, may just be a misplaced wire hopefully

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
3bar standard pressure....

With vacumn off.

Rob

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i had a look at the wires going to the ECU..there was no voltage present at the ECU clip from the lambdas (pin 29/55)

i have a AEM wideband that can output a narrowband sigina lso i tried feeding this to those pins but there didnt seem to be any effect to fuelling

i guess this looks like an ECU fault?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts