GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:clap: IM HERE AT LAST AND PROUD TO SAY THAT IAM AM NOW A OWNER OF A R32 GTR.
IVE HAD THE CAR FOR 3 WEEKS NOW AND CANT STOP DRIVING IT, WHAT A THRILL.
NOW HERE COMES A BIG BUT, WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT JUST FLEW THE PREVIOUSE OWNER SAID IT WAS 300 BHP AND I COULD FEEL IT.
BUT NOW IT FEELS AS THOUGH IT HAS LOST POWER, THIS IS MY FIRST THREAD SO IM GOING TO GO ON ABIT BUT PLEASE READ I WOULD LIKE ANSWERS AND SOLUTIONS PLEASE.

1) WHEN I FIRST DROVE IT THERE WAS THIS SUDDEN SURGE OF POWER AT JUST OVER 3000 REVS AND THEN ANOTHER AT 4500 WAS THAT NORMAL BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THAT ANYMORE.

2) AFTER A WEEK OF OWNING IT,IT STARTED TO ACT A LITTLE FUNNY THERE WOULDNT BE ANY POWER AFTER A BIT OF A SPLURGE (QUICK DRIVING FOR HALF HOUR) BUT WHEN I TURNED THE ENGINE OFF LEFT IT FOR 5 MIN STARTED AGAIN POWER WAS BACK.:mad:

3) NOW HERE IS ONE MORE, IT HAS CUT OUT ON ME A COUPLE OF TIMES WITH NO WARNING.????

I NEED TO KNOW IF THE POWER THING IS JUST ME BUT IT IS RUNNING THE SAME EVERYDAY NOW AND DOES NOT SEEM AS POWERFULL AS WHEN I GOT IT, FOR EXAMPLE MY BROTHER HAS A SAPPHIRE COSS STAGE ONE 287BHP AT THE FLY AND HE PULLS AWAY FROM ME , WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THAT ABOUT, HEAD DOWN IN SHAME OR TIME FOR STAGE ONE SKYLINE.

ANYWAY THANKS FOR LISTENING/READING ANYONE GOT A DIAGNOSIS FOR THESE PROBLEMS.
I WILL SEND PICS SOON:blahblah:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
have you checked all the boost pipes,sounds like an air leek!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOW MANY BOOST PIPES ARE THERE, I FOUND ONE THE OTHER DAY BECAUSE IT BLEW OFF, BECAUSE IT WASNT TIGHT ENOUGH (THE BIG ONE AT THE FRONT) BUT THATS SORTED NOW.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I MUST ALSO POINT OUT THAT ENGINE WISE IVE NOT A CLUE IM A LEARNER, BUT HISTORY OF THEM AND WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT FROM THEM I KNOW A QUITE ABIT

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wouldn't it be best to check all the boost pipes, as one flew off, maybe the others are loose too. Better to be safe than sorry!

My uncle's blew his intercooler hoses a few times, apparently it's a common problem on skylines. Wish i had one to see :D

Hope you get the problem sorted and enjoy your GTR :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IVE JUST REMEMBERED SOMTHING, FROM 4000 REVS ONWARDS THERE DOES'NT SEEM TO BE ANYMORE POWER , WOULD THIS FIT IN WITH THE BOOST PIPES?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IT STILL HAS THE STANDARD GUAGE IT WAS WORKING BUT NOT NOW, BUT I DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH POWER WHEN IT WAS WORKING, IT READS 0 WHEN I SWITCH ON BUT THATS ABOUT IT NOW

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Let's make sure I've got this clear - when you first had the car, if you opened the throttle at low rpm the boost guage would be near zero but when you reached 3000rpm it used to rise up about 2/3 of the way up at the same time as the power increased ... and now you don't get the power increase and the guage will not go above zero any more?

Definitely sounds like you've got no boost if that's the case. As others have said, check the pipes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THE GUAGE WENT UP WHEN I DIDNT HAVE THAT MUCH POWER I THINK IT DOESNT WORK BECAUSE I TOOK THE DIALS OUT LAST WEEK TO FIX A LAMP AND SINCE THEN IT HASNT READ ANYTHING

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JUST SO I KNOW IVE MADE MYSELF CLEAR HERE IS A QUICK RUNDOWN

1)FOOT DOWN LOTS OF POWER, 15MINS LATER NOT MUCH POWER
2)TURNED ENGINE OFF, BACK ON, LOTS OF POWER AGAIN 15 MIN NOT MUCH POWER
3)AFTER THREE WEEKS JUST NOT MUCH POWER, EVEN IF I SWITCH OFF/ ON
STILL THE SAME
4)NO REAL INCREASE IN POWER AFTER 4000 REVS

·
Registered
26,769 Posts
sounds like youve a boost leak somewhere along the line..

question:

is your gauge recieving any boost read out at all? and can you feel the turbos when they spool up

p.s dont type in caps ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i can feel and hear the turbos, also the bovs are sounding as well, but no extended power, my brothers cossie pulled away from me the other night and he has turned his boost down, he's running 287bhp at the fly wheel, there has to be a problem with mine, i should be wiping the floor with him

1 - 20 of 27 Posts