GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... with Dremel.

I was using my Dremel last week to cut some tiles into funny shapes so that they'd fit round things in the kitchen when suddenly it stopped dead from 25000rpm, shattering all sorts of bits inside. I think I may have accidentally pressed the shaft lock button :rolleyes:

I'd had it for about 4 years though I'd not used it much over that time. Still, it was well out of warranty. I'd almost resigned myself to buying a new one until I thought I'd give them a call to see if there's a repair centre nearby, just on the off chance.

So, I called the number in the contact section of www.dremel.co.uk. The phone was answered "Bosch blah blah". I spoke to the repair team who arranged for a courier to call at my house the next day, free of charge, to collect it. They said they'd write back within 5 days with a free no obligation repair estimate.

This morning, the doorbell rings. At the door is a courier with a brand new Dremel 400 for me (approx £100 retail in most places), completely free of charge. To say I was gobsmacked was an understatement. The delivery note said "Commercial goodwill".

I'd even told them that I'd had it for about 4 years and that I may have pressed the shaft lock button so there was no pulling wool over any eyes.

Here's what arrived:

And this was the best bit:

I'm so chuffed I just needed to share that :)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
It's show that very few of these things ever break - you may have been the first in special months - it's shows damn good business sense as I reckon they now have a customer for life (or 3 or 4 after people read the post)!

S

·
0 Posts
right, who's off on ebay to buy knackered dremels?
Heheh- seriously, I respect that very much and commend dremel.
i aint often you hear about big business doing the right thing so fair play to them:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts