GTR Forum banner

After sell a R34 GT-R, what did/would buy?

• Waiting for the next GT-R..

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • R34 GT-R (variant, e.g. NUR)

Votes: 47 27.2%
  • R33 GT-R

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • R32 GT-R

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Porsche 996 (e.g. turbo, n/a, gt2, gt3, etc.)

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • Ferrari 355 (e.g. spider, gt-s, etc.)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Other Ferrari (512M, Maranello, etc.)

• Honda NSX Type R

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Viper GT-S

• Other (please specify!)

Votes: 21 12.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After selling a R34 GT-R, what did/would you buy?

1. Waiting for the next GT-R..
2. R34 GT-R (another variant, e.g. NUR)
3. R33 GT-R
4. R32 GT-R
5. Porsche 996 (e.g. turbo, n/a, gt2, gt3, etc.)
6. Ferrari 355 (e.g. spider, gt-s, etc.)
7. Other Ferrari (512M, Maranello, etc.)
8. Honda NSX Type R
9. Viper GT-S
10. Other (please specify)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would go for a NUR or a 355/360 Spider, my girl-friend just bought a 355 Spider F1, and all i can say is wow, fast, looks the part, turns ALOT of heads.

Im going to vote NUR, cause its a Skyline. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: If I could

PMJ said:
I would have a GT3 , I think they are awsome cars, get my respect everytime when I seee one on the road...:D
I have seen so many regular Porsches with official GT3 body kits that the blur between a real one and a regular boggo porsche is ever so difficult to differentiate on the road. I have also seen quite a few LHD GT3's now struggling to fetch around the £45K mark which is bang on the money of a good low mileage 2001/2002 500bhp GT-R.

Anyone know how many GT3's (both LHD and RHD that where actually made?

500bhp R34 GT-R vs standard GT3 ... now theres a difficult decision... I think you should try both before you die :)

I guess the GT3 will retain its value more than the GT-R though in the long run right?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Car

Piggaz said:
Woudlnt sell it in the first place. :D
The car i would buy: GT2 or a 911 Turbo... those cars romp!!!

Thats what I did - GT2 Clubsport......

It's no co-incidence that three owners of 650bhp+ GTRs now own or have a GT3 or GT2 on order (and another ex-owner also owned a GT2 for a while).......

Guy

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somberg,

In the future do you think 'originality' will ever effect the value of GT-R's? It appears that very few people have kept their cars standard so sourcing such original cars will be significantly more difficult with the GT-R ?

T
(P.S. the reason I ask is that I must admit thats one thing I looked for when I bought my R34 GT-R, and that was originality)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Re: Car

Guy said:
Thats what I did - GT2 Clubsport......

It's no co-incidence that three owners of 650bhp+ GTRs now own or have a GT3 or GT2 on order (and another ex-owner also owned a GT2 for a while).......

Guy
Yes but there 3 times the price... well in Aus they are...
Who wins bang for the buck?
Not that im trying to get a porker VS GTR fight in here.
:smokin:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
No bang please...

No fight, discussion is ok :smokin: nothing wrong with that.:)

Bang for buck is relative. Perhaps Porkers have a little less engine "bangs" ;) because they're stronger ex-factory anyway and because they're not tuned up to the same (relative) level as the GTR's are. You also need to include the estimated "engine bang" costs when looking at the GTR bang for buck value. Leave it relatively standard and you'll be ok. 450 PS for an RB26DETT should do when made by the right people. Same goes for Porkers: 550 PS (700+ Nm btw :D ) will go forever. Less than 1 bar of boost ! Go beyond these figures, and you'll have to pay a price be it Skyline or Porker.

Trevor,

I think a well-kept original car with a well-documented history will keep a higher value also for GTR.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Trevor so are you selling or have you sold?

I can only forsee one problem when I come to sell and thats the short fall between what I get for my GTR and what i will need to buy my next toy! :(

Andrea thats a rather nice example indeed. What are peoples views on 993 Turbos?

..Ian

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its curious that so many people go for Porsches.

I wonder why this is? I would really like to understand the reasons that so many people made to go from a R34 GT-R to a Porsche. Surely performance was ample in either example of car right? Could it be pure 'poseability' or even the reputation for 'efficient relability'? One too many rebuilds on the 650bhp+ machine thats sent people over the edge?

In the end I think its probably something to do with very strong brand image, excellent residuals, public awareness, easy parts supply/choice of garages and acceptibility. The image is usually that of a successful, rich or famous owner (or all three...) or the otherway, much worse, a spoilt womanising tosser. Performance always seems to be accepted as good enough as not to warrent much talk about it, look its Red, or look its got lovely leather seems to be more important. Regardless of the connotations even the old granny or the girl next door knows what a Porsche is... but a GT-R, its a what?

I don't know how long I'll keep my GT-R for (and may even get a 355 or porsche next) but I personally think the R34 GT-R marks you out as an individual. They are a total enthusiasts car designed for someone who wants something different, more for their money, equally someone who is doing well but also someone who loves the latest high-technology (e.g. like digital camera's, high end plasma tv's, etc.), perhaps the 'anything-but-common' is a reason too. I don't know but the perspective is certainly an interesting one to analyse.

Personally I used to "h-a-t-e" Porsches (after 5 years or so ago when a snooty git of a salesman in Tonbridge Wells refused me a test drive on a 911, despite being able to afford one - i vowed I'd never buy one from them and it kind of put me off for all those years! ) but now I'm coming around to them a little more as I get closer to my 30's... hmmm, next I'll be saying I like autos and tiptronic shifts :) ..arrrrgg....

I guess I'm waiting to see how the new GT-R tuns out first... I really hope its a 3.5 litre twin turbo... !

T

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: Re: If I could

Trevor said:
I have seen so many regular Porsches with official GT3 body kits that the blur between a real one and a regular boggo porsche is ever so difficult to differentiate on the road.
I agree wholly with these comments. If I went back to a 911, it would be a 993 turbo or 993Rs (or something even older).

However, in answer to the question, I'd probably go from an R34 to a TVR (Cerbera or Tuscan).

·
Registered
537 Posts
I voted for the Nur:D

Here in Monaco there are lot's of porsches, Ferrari and other luxury cars.
But at the end, that's what they are. Luxury cars.

Some of them are really nice and fast of course, I like the quality of the 996 gt2, or the sound of a 360 spider f1 with challenge exhausts, but I prefer the less common gtr:D

Trevor,

I think you should get a v spec 2 nur, and buy some nice parts straight away:smokin:

Then if you really want something different, get a 360.
The interior is much nicer than the 355, and you will loose less money when you sell it. It's slower than a porsche turbo, but funnier:cool:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Nice porkers ther, my mates dad had a GT2, it was pretty cool. But after a skyline (even thos i dont have one) i think id go for a porche powered audi like the S8 etc. there pretty cool.

Harry

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maxi said:
I voted for the Nur:D

Trevor,

I think you should get a v spec 2 nur, and buy some nice parts straight away:smokin:

Then if you really want something different, get a 360.
The interior is much nicer than the 355, and you will loose less money when you sell it. It's slower than a porsche turbo, but funnier:cool:
Dario,

Well if live in Monaco (which is now looking likely!) a Porsche or a Ferrari is _definately_ out of the question!

They are just like street taxi's here, they are everywhere, no, not even a GT3 or GT2 gets any attention and they look so average. Its sad to say this but when you park in a lot full of Porsches they all begin to look the same , its :mad: ! Look how much attention we where getting in the 'R compared to the Rollers, Porkers, 360' Spiders and even that black Murchelago last Saturday !

So Dario, when are you going to buy my '34 mate so I can get a move on in getting a good low km' NUR :)

Oh Come-On-Nissan get a move on with the new GT-R !!!!

T

1 - 20 of 102 Posts