GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as i am aware running a aftermarket turbo timer will not let you arm a aftermarket alarm.

I was seriously thinking of getting the Clifford Concept 600 on purchasing a R33 GTR (soon i hope :p ) however, i know that clifford do offer a Clifford Compatable Turbo Timer that connects up to the alarm system, allowing the alarm to be engaged and the run the turbos cool on whatever time preset you leave it, then turn the engine off, i was just wondering if anyone has, or has any knowledge of if its 1. Worth fitting a aftermarket alarm like a clifford 600 (was going to do it for my own peace of mind if nothing else really) and 2. How well Clifford's add on turbo timer works.

Thanks all for Help and Advice

AK
The Orginial Scouser

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Many alarms

Hi Ahmed.

Fit the Clifford, or check out some of Toad's higher end offerings. Then invest in a tracking unit (Tracker, Siemens Trakbak II, RAC Trackstar) get the highest spec you can afford, with a guard option (when the car is found, they arrange a security watch on it until it's recovered). Then Alphadot the car (£25 ish from Halfords).

Item one makes it annoying for them to get at, item two should guarantee you get it back, and item three means that even if you don't get it back, panels and components can be identified and could lead to the bastards getting caught anyway.

It's one of those things. If they want it, they'll have it. All you can do is make the next car down an easier proposition. Pragmatic but leaves a bad taste.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I DONT THINK THE CONCEPT 600 IS WORTH IT UNLESS YOU DONT MIND TAPPING IN A 4 DIGIT CODE EVERY TIME SOME1 OPENS THE DOOR SO THE BLACKJAXS DOESNT GO BALLISTIC.
BETTER OFF WITH A CONCEPT 300 HELL OF ALOT CHEAPER AND STILL THATCHAM APPROVED
AS FOR TURBO TIMERS I THINK CLIFFORD DO MAKE A MODULE FOR THIS.

TONY

·
Registered
155 Posts
concept 300

yer i got the concept 300 with turbo timer as a extra .the alarm is good but what i found with clifford is you have to keep on adjusting the senser b4 you get it right (i.e. when a car go by the alarm goes off)
:confused:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
YEAH THATS STANDARD ON ANY CLIFFORD:D :D :D AND IVE HAD A DIFFERENT 1 ON EACH CAR IVE HAD .BUT CANNOT KNOCK THE ALARM FOR WHAT IT IS. A DAMN GOOD 1 TOO.

TONY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts