GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a UK R34 GTR V spec which has just been fully restored.... which companies do you guys use for agreed value insurance?

·
Registered
26,449 Posts
its not the insurance co its the underwriters that need to be convinced.

If you have the £30k import paid fee receipt from HMRC / clearance agent, the BIL and the auction receipt for what you paid for the car in yen (plus bank statement transfer to the auction house/agent)

then shouldnt be a problem for insurance for £140k

thats what i have found. No questions asked as its all documented.

for UK cars is difficult, but that said you maybe able to supply the docs for another car (similar miles , spec etc) and go from there

That would be my route.

·
Vendor
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... im sure ive seen on here before one or two members have agreed value insurance so maybe they would also know.

·
Registered
26,449 Posts
The other original 34 is insured for north of 100k, and that was down to photos and receipts. but im lucky i have receipts for 300k in japan so that helps.

Without receipts its really difficult :(

it really depends upon the underwriters.

fresh import, documentation

previously imported, back up docs on file, and based upon market trends.

underwriters are few and far between who will insure a "datsun" for 6 figures

postcode, background etc location all make a difference lets not forget.

insurance is a dark art

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts
AIB are doing agreed value, did £100K on my R34 last June and I expect to up it to at least £125K this year - I've kept an advert of the Middlehurst R34 selling for that though. On eBay there are three for sale starting at £130K, so it's not hard to evidence.

Reactions: matty32

·
Registered
36 Posts
AIB are doing agreed value, did £100K on my R34 last June and I expect to up it to at least £125K this year - I've kept an advert of the Middlehurst R34 selling for that though. On eBay there are three for sale starting at £130K, so it's not hard to evidence.
Can I ask you how much you are paying for £100k agreed value?

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts
For me I've got around 6 cars on the same high net value Hiscox policy which is about £2.5K altogether, they are all guaranteed value but I think the GTR accounts for about £600 of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For me I've got around 6 cars on the same high net value Hiscox policy which is about £2.5K altogether, they are all guaranteed value but I think the GTR accounts for about £600 of it.
Cheers mate. I feel like I’m getting screwed. I pay €2150 full comp on my Porsche Cayenne with a value of only €70k and I pay €1400 on my 34gtr which had an agreed Value of €50 k last year 🙈 I’m in mainland Europe though

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts
That is a lot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts