GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day . Hope you’re all well .

My insurance is up in a few weeks for my 34 .

who are members using for insurance now skylines have rocketed in value . I’ve been insured with sky insurance for several years . Their limit is £75,000 agreed value maximum I think my cars worth more than this and I don’t think I could replace it with another same spec as mine for no where near this figure .

Mine is late 2002 vspec ii nur and looking at the prices of the ones for sale in Japan don’t think I’d ever be able to replace it at that price .

which insurance company are nur owners using ? and if allowed to post what is your agreed valuation figure as I’ll be phoning around and am bit stumped at value of my car .
Regards Saj

·
Registered
26,305 Posts
i think you need to have a minimum these days of 100k as agreed value, which is the route i went down.

the issue is, if the under writers believe that prices have gone that, far, which in all honestly, is easy to prove (gtr registry etc)

id ask all the insurance co's you call to just give the agreed value ceiling before you start going through all the details as it will save you alot of time.

Try Flux, as they are used to these types of values.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sky Insurance....... Think they are now called Safely Insured...... Wonder if the name change has anything to do with the fact that the service went downhill quite quickly (this coming from an ex-loyal customer)

I have both my GTR's insured with Leah @AIB Insurance.
Agreed value for the 32 👍

·
Registered
26,305 Posts
M ick , i did this for my 32 as well. i think it was 80k i valued it at on the insurance.

could back it up with invoices

i think its just a ring round and see what each one offers

·
Super Moderator
15,966 Posts
Hi AIB guaranteed value last year when I renewed at £100K so suggest ringing them.

This year I'll be asking them for £150K and I suspect you need to do that with a V Spec II nur and more.

·
Registered
26,305 Posts
i just hope that the insurance co's move with the real world values of these now.

they tend to get really sketchy on values of JDM cars.

of course im sure the average premium is rising as a result too.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )...
132 Posts
Im getting a auto appraiser to come in and give me an appraisal on my R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec. He said it will be based on the car itself as well as what has been done to it! That way my government insurance company will know what the replacement costs will be in case of a ooopsy!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies . I’ll be contacting a few insurers next week and thanks for the gtr registry link .

markerstudy is who my underwriter has been for years and £75,000 was there limit last year when I renewed with sky .

just to add sky insurance have been fantastic in all my dealings over the years , I’ve never had a problem with them with cars I insure with them but ive never claimed so no experience on that side .

if only they had a higher agreed value I’d gladly stay with them .

thanks for help .

·
Registered
297 Posts
Will be interesting to see where you end up with this as may be looking at Moving a few of R34 R33 and R32 GTR's from the collection onto private insurance.

The R34 Nur VS2 are easily £120-150K and the R34 Nur Mspec even more.

The £75K limit mentioned doesn't even cover the cost of a decent R34 VS2 let alone one in BSB which fetch £100K.

These are based on recent sales by individuals and companies, not advertised prices.

Most of these that we know about sell even before they are advertised and most companies have a list of clients on book and actively searching for R34 GTR's.

Please let us know how you get on.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,305 Posts
To buy even a very nice tidy example, just before christmas was 6 figures, then taxes etc

just hope the insurance is reflective of the true market value

·
Registered
903 Posts
Markerstudy are still my underwriter on both cars just different broker..... I won't bore you with details but I was with Sky for around 14 years with various cars until last year.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was with Privilege for the past 4 years for around £375 a year. I noticed their maximum market value to "not exceed £75,000", similar to an earlier post here. I've now switched to AIB, premium's risen by about a grand but the agreed value is £120,000 (M Spec). Very slick process, no photo's or importers reports etc. needed and they've also covered me to drive anyone else's car fully comprehensively (not 3rd party only which that perk usually is).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just the thread. I posted similar on Skyline Owners Group on FB but feedback on the whole wasn’t great. I have a USS Tokyo Vspec II In bayside which was 4.5b July’19. I know it’s increased since the value I declared upon import Dec19 but I’m unsure as to what value. There’s a lot of variables.

mine has 55k km’s and has full nismo kit save for front bumper. Car is in excellent condition. Any vague ideas on value that I can start the ball rolling with them? Ta (sorry for hijack OP)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good afternoon all .

Well my insurance is due beginning of next month as I got confused when I started this thread and thought my renewal was up in March .

I have a question regarding what I should value my car as ?

my car is a 2002 vspec2 nur R-tune with 37000kms on the clock.

what shall I value my car at when I ring for quotes this week ?

·
Super Moderator
15,966 Posts
£185k I would guess....but you might not get that agreed. Not many for sale to compare against.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good afternoon all .

Well my insurance is due beginning of next month as I got confused when I started this thread and thought my renewal was up in March .

I have a question regarding what I should value my car as ?

my car is a 2002 vspec2 nur R-tune with 37000kms on the clock.

what shall I value my car at when I ring for quotes this week ?
Nur VS2 values would be 180K on there own....if it's a genuine R-Tune then you'd be looking at least another 50-60K on top.

Genuine VS2's with low millage are being sold for 140-150K...

It's all a bit mental

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks curios , I rang a-plan and Keith Michaels who cannot insure me . A-plan won’t agree the value and Keith michaels were very helpfull but are unable to insure the car . I’m waiting on a call back from AIB tomorrow morning so hopefully some good news

what a headache .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts