GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Me again!! Took the beastie out for a spin yesterday, yes it was actually dry and sunny here in Sth Wales yesterday!!

When I switched on the Air Con, it all worked OK, but the display has gone all cranky!! The system seems to do all you require of it, but it doesn't change on the display. It's stuck on manual, with three of the four fan blades lit.....even with the fan on speed one!!

Any ideas.......I've run the diagnostic, but theres no point in that, as the display remains locked, and I cant read any numbers.

Pleeeeeeeease Help someone!!!!

P.S. I know it worked OK when I bought the car cos the owner showed me how to use it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dont worry Nigel, mine does it all the time, I just give it a smack up the side with the ball of my hand turn it off, back on and its ok again. I think its just grot in the connections behind the unit, I have it on my list so when I find out Ill let you know!!

If in doubt Smack it one, but not too hard like!!!

Si

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you please quantify just how hard you hit the thing in PSI. If you attach a pressure gauge to a crisp packet via an air hose, and then stick the crisp packet (Empty) to the side of the console you will have made a hit pressure measuring device.

If you could also measure the speed at which you move your hand towards said console, I could replicate the motion, and then we would know if we have the same fault.

Tell you what...sounds like it is a dirty connection fault if a hit sorts it out, so I'll take mine apart at the weekend, and post some hints on what I find.

I reckon my car has defenitly got an Electrical problem somewhere under the dash, as the clock will only work if you disconnect the battery for more than an hour or so!! Oh....then it goes off again after about fifteen minutes!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
5 psi, AT A VELOCITY OF 20CMS PER SECOND I RECKON!!!;) :rolleyes:

Could be as you just have a bad earth somewhere.....

Si

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys have an answer for every problem encountered on a GTR?????

I went out into the garage tonight, and put the ignition on, which is itself is like performing open heart surgery!!! Well, Tracker, Imobiliser and Alarm, then 15 seconds to get the ignition on and start up!!!!! How lovely life would be for us car enthusiasts if there werent [email protected]%rd car thieves around!!!....I digress....Put the ignition on, turned on the A/C, whacked the centre console, turned the ignition off...then on again within the 15 seconds...and low and behold the display is working again!!!

Now I know why theres no handbook with the car....cos Nissan couldn't possibly print some of the cures that fix these cars!!!
They'd be a laughing stock.

Tell me, if you hear the bottom end rumbling because your mains are shot, does smacking your head on the roof whilst kicking the front offside tyre cure it???...Really!!!!!!!!!!!:smokin:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
NigelR32 said:
Tell me, if you hear the bottom end rumbling because your mains are shot, does smacking your head on the roof whilst kicking the front offside tyre cure it???...Really!!!!!!!!!!!:smokin:
Nope it doesn't cure it, but you'll be too busy hurting over yer stubbed toes and battered head that you won't notice the pain in your wallet ;)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Nissan Skyline R32 Owners Manual

Thank you for your purchase, if you have any problems with your Nissan Skyline you should follow the simple troubleshooting rules found below.

Rule No1 : If in doubt Twat it!!

Once again thank you for purchasing the R32 Nissan Skyline.

:D :D :D

Si

1 - 9 of 9 Posts