GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm considering binning the air-con and its associated gubbins as my heat exchangers knackered anyway. Just wondering how many of you are still running air-con and how many have 'got rid'?.
Also, what are your thoughts on this come re-sale time? Do you think it makes any difference whatsoever if a car has A/C or not ?? (not that I'll be getting rid of my 32 EVER :chuckle: ).
The last question is just for curiosity's sake :smokin:

TT

·
Registered
832 Posts
I just spent the whole weekend fabricating a couple of brackets for my oil cooler so it fits proper between the a/c and the 5 1/2 inch thick intercooler. Several times during the proccess I considered tossing the a/c, but she works very well so for now it stays. Keeping a WORKING a/c will never hurt the resale, but I think it depends on how much hp your car has. 600+hp, no a/c, no big deal. But, if I were buying a stock skyline, a/c would be a must.....:flame:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Its my first car with ac and I wouldn't buy another motor without now!! It demists a cabin in minutes, heats it up, cools it down - its a bloody godsend for me hehe! If you can fit goodies around it for a bit more work then go through with the hassle as roadie did :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have been wondeng about taking it out also, my reasons are a little different.... weight reduction!

I have been told that A/C units can weigh as much as 30kg!!!

Gotta love that low cost improvement on p/w ratio if that is true!

Sev

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
tarmac terror said:
Also, what are your thoughts on this come re-sale time? Do you think it makes any difference whatsoever if a car has A/C or not ??
I bought mine with the A/C already removed, (along with the ABS, HICAS, sound deadening etc). The car had been heavily modified to reduce weight, and that was part of the reason I bought it, (along with the engine mods), so I was happy to go without.

In my opinion if the car is heavily modified then lack of air con at re-sale time should be no probs, (an may even be a plus point for the buyer). If the car is reasonably stock, and is still intended as an everyday road use type car, I'd say lack of air con may put buyers off as they'll be expecting it.

I've never owned a car with air con though so luckily I don't know what I'm missing. Someone used to air con, buying the car for sensible regular use, may be put off though.

All IMO obviously. The few cars I've been a passenger in in the summer with air con are brilliant for stopping you sitting there sweltering though, but that's only for two or three days a year, the rest of the time you're carrying around tons or extra weight for nothing. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts