GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I am going to build a track R32 GTR.
I already have the steel for the roll cage and it will start making it in about 2 weeks when i finaly have my holidays.
Now i also have a set of air jacks from k-sport to go on the car.
So i am looking for some pictures of roll cages and airjacks on a r32 to see how other people have made it.
I already have a sort of idea how i am going to make it but other ideas are always welkom

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
you may be better using google pictures to see a cage as the cages we use in the u.k are normally made by a company and not the adverage person. They all need to pass a test before you buy one off the company making it.

'I think' !

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Any chance of putting a picture up of the air-jacks wondered how big they were and do you then have to have a compressor installed to operate them?? also what would the combined weight of all this equipment be??

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I'd thought of using air-jacks for my R32 track car but was put off by the price-- Around a Grand for a decent 4 jack kit with all the required parts.

Might have a look-see at the K-sport items though..

TT

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
logically thinking you'd mount them by the front legs, and the main hoop of the cage.

Wouldnt bother carrying an air tank in car, just have one on a trolley and use externally.

I'd like them on our skyline.... but as always there are more important things to spend money on... after all its only really a luxuary LOL

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
IIRC they are usually mounted at the 4 extremities of the main floor pan.
On an R32 for example I would mount the rear 2 just in front of the vertical bit at the front of where the rear seat would go i.e Near the leg of the main cage hoop. At the front I would probably do the same and mount it near the front gage leg, although you dont really have much room to play with TBH.
Even the K-sport kit is coming n at about £1K by the time you add 4 jacks and all the sundries. Also, you would need the stands if you were considering working underneath the car or if it was going to be in the air for any length of time.

Very 'Pro-Racer' though...

TT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.