GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have has a search throu but cant seem to find exactly whats going on SO...

When i depress my clutch and throttle i get a loudish air passing noise comming from my feet area... What it is and how do i stop it!!!

When i Accelerate hard i get a Very Stong small of Fuel in the car seems to happen just after i change gear... Any ideas?!

could these be related?

Its been doing it since ive owned it but its getting worse!!!

Thanks

Sean

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
your injectors might be cracked and need replacing - I've got the same problem and had to bite the bullet for a new set (got into a row with the missus last night over it, but won after I managed to find the fuel dribble under the car and lit it on fire, demonstrating the safety risk :p)

Or the fuel smell, if it's only during hard pulls, might just be from your car being mapped rich (to save itself from blowing up).

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
I managed to find the fuel dribble under the car and lit it on fire, demonstrating the safety risk
Hope the fire wasnt under the car :eek: :eek: :eek: I applaude your commitment to getting the good lady to understand your plight :chuckle:
Its always a battle when you NEED to buy some new goodies for the car.

TT

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
When i had a strong smell of fuel under the bonnet of my R32 GTR it was a couple of leaky injector seals.

Similarly, you could smell it fairly strongly in the car.

Its not a big job to change them.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
bugger, if it's just a couple o-rings....but my mechanic took a peek and said 4 out of 6 were cracked. Have 700cc Sards on order from Nengun but in the interim...uh....I coated the bad injectors with liquid gasket - has cut down on the odor a bit, but it's gonna be a pain to scrape off when the new injectors go in!

Just can't take the pungent fumes of hi-test in my cabin for three more weeks, hadda do something...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah thats cool,

Its strance its only when i accelerate hard no smells when idle or nout...

i belive i'm going to fit new injectors when the cams, turbos and the haltec goes in... so thats cool,

but just spent 8.5k today on my house... maybe not this month!!! ;)

Where do the pedel servos link to, was going to try blocking that off and see if its that, just a bit strange that its the 2 things at once thats all...

neways bed time

Cheers for the help!!
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts