GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone. First off, i did a search and i cant find my answer

Im new to the forums and new to owning a R32 GTR. Im American living in Okinawa, Japan. Im 27 and have been working on vehciles since i was 15. i have always used forums like these to help with issues that pop up down the road. I bought a 92 R32 GTR to have and take back with me to the states in 2017.

Now, i have a few problems with the car. First being that my aircon doesnt work. It did when i bought the car, but 4 days later it stopped working. I might as well convert the freon from R-12 to R-134A. i bought the fittings to convert the system. I had a vacuum pulled on the system and it doesnt hold a vacuum at all. talked to local japanese guy, she tells me that the evaporator rusts from inside and goes bad. Where are common places for aircon leaks? They filled the system up with R-134A and the compressor was not kicking on. The pressures were all out of whack as well. Low side was 117 PSI and high side was 115 PSI.

Where should i start troubleshooting this??

Another problem is my HICAS light comes on sometimes. Depends on far i drive. It doesnt pop up right away. i have to drive certain distances. sometimes it may never come on at all.

Is there a way to pull this code if there is one?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

I got a wiring diagram of the A/C system. it looks like it take 2 point of power to kick the A/C compressor on. 1 from the relay and another signal from the ECU.

Does anyone know a safe to way to kick the compressor clutch on manually?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can check your fault codes by bridging out 2 pins on the multi plug in the fuse box. The codes will be blinked out by one of the dash warning lights. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/123312-reading-ecu-fault-codes.html

Air con could be anything. you realy need a garage to charge with nitrogen and a dye to find the leak. Also get some advice on running 134A in a system designed for R12. The pressures and oil are different, this could be part of your problem. The compressor will not kick in unless the pressure switch is happy so find out more about that. you can force the compressor to kick in by shorting the relay, just to test if the clutch works or not. if it does, the controler is not happy because the pressures are wrong. if it doesn't you have a faulty compressor. look on youtube for a video guide for that.

HICAS light sometimes comes on: if it goes out agin a second later I think this is normal (happens to me every few hundered miles). if it comes on and stays on I gues that's a different thing. I don't know anything about diagnosing HICAS but again do a search I think I saw a guide on here. Otherwise most people get pissed of wioth HICAS sooner or later and delete it so that's an option. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/293338-hicas-good-bad.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply

i took it into a local mechanic. They something was able to kick the aircon compressor on from under the steering column somewhere. As the kicked the compressor on, it started to blow cold. The compressor sounded horrible and they blamed the death of the compressor on the r-134a freon.

So, i need to find out where i can get am aircon compressor. Are they the same from the RB25DET engines in the skylines?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts