GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Am on a trip down to winnersh the aircon was working fine, yesterday PM on the way back up it was only blowing out warm air. This AM all seems to be fine again.

any ideas? :confused:

Simon

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine dosnt make a noise but I have noticed that if on 18 it can sometimes be very cold but other times it seems a bit warmer regardless. Note this is without using the auto.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hmmm?

Mine is cold on 18 but boiling on anything else... I'm either freezing or hot!! :(

I'm taking the car to Dr Bell soon so I may ask him!

Chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
hi

I have the same problem too! didn't want to get it checked out yet coz the aircond guys will probably say its more than what it really is can charge me a bundle of $$$

anyway please post when u have discovered what's the actual problem with ur car!

thanks!

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
Sounds like it needs re-gassing, £60-80.

If you need to run at the lowest setting then you must check the by-pass valve, big hot cars have a valve to stop hot water entering the heater matrix and acting as a heat sink. If this is full of constantly recycling water (however slowly) then it will need a lot of chilling to overcome the heatsink.

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's pretty much what I thought - but it never hurts to get a second (or third or fourth) Opinion.

thanks guys

Simon

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
If it needs regassing any refrigeration/air con dition company can do it. If you spot a frineldy Toomeys van (or similar) around ask them if they'll do it for a few quid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts