GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aircon pump doesn't engage anymore...the revs rise as they should but there's no action from the pump. Is there a code in the climate control diagnostics to show where the problem might be?
First thing to try when I get chance is to give the pump a smack with a large blunt instrument. What else should I try? The connectors were on ok last time I looked. Ta.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ive been told some cars have a low pressure cut off i.e if the aircon system needs more gas it wont allow the pump to work, prevents crap getting circulated, just what i was told, have never actually been bothered to get one recharged so not 100% it would fix it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
mava_rules said:
ive been told some cars have a low pressure cut off i.e if the aircon system needs more gas it wont allow the pump to work, prevents crap getting circulated, just what i was told, have never actually been bothered to get one recharged so not 100% it would fix it.
this is exactly right. I regassed my 32 and the pump kicked in :clap:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Had mine regassed but it took a whack of a large blunt tool to the pump to get it to work. Unfortunately it keeps blowing the fuse so at a guess I need to get the pump overhauled.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the thing, I thought it was blowing warm because the gas had escaped. So after regassing it I was surprised to find it was just the same. Then I realised that the pump wasn't clicking in :( Where's me hammer?!!

Oh, David, where's the switch?

·
Registered
412 Posts
All aircon systems have the low pressure cut out switch. Get it regassed and it will work. To temporarily prove this you can bypass the pressure switch with a link wire.
mine isnt engaging either, ive got another pump but would like to try bypassing the pressure switch first just in case it just needs regassing, how do i bypass it (and where do i find it) ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
split pin m8 . there is norm 4 pin connector 1 is for high press and 1 for low .
is the connector actually on the pump that i need to short ? also whats the easiest way to get to the pump as i couldnt quite reach from underneath the car and dont think i can get in from the top either, is it easiest to go in through the front ?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was being a total spoon and not following the instructions...more gas and it's working. Doesn't seem to be blowing very cold like it used to tho but i'm not throwing any more money at it, it'll do as it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts