I can remember but aircon only goes to 18degr
Should it still feel ice cold compared to just a cool
Air coming out?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Should be 5 or 6 degrees shouldnt it?

Dont talk to me about aircon.... ****sake

I have a mechanical whine and Ive spent the last few hours taking parts off to access drive belt pulleys and the like to try and identify it. I suspect its the ac comp..I hope it is otherwise my efforts have been wasted., If it is Im considering ripping the ac out and binning it along with 25kgs or whatever it is.

It's never worked as long as Ive owned the car so I wont miss it and it's one less thing to go wrong. Needs a re-gas but..Not got round to having it done. Not sure how good it is anyway?

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
My car didn't have AC either to begin with, Cliff removed it to save weight when doing the HKS amateur drag series. I was given all the bits though, and had it all reinstalled last November - best thing I ever did! The GTR gets very hot in the summer (cabin temp wise) with no AC I used to take a spare t-shirt when going any sort of distance!

It isn't as cold as my GT86 or old Mazda 6, but they went lower than 18 degrees. It should be pretty cold though? You can't use the old refrigerant any more due to the "environmental impact" and he new stuff is only 85% as efficient. Anything was better than none in my case! Have you had it tested for leaks?

jdm4life; does your noise get better or worse when the AC is on or off? Could it be the clutch in the AC pump? :confused:

·
Registered
771 Posts
My car didn't have AC either to begin with, Cliff removed it to save weight when doing the HKS amateur drag series. I was given all the bits though, and had it all reinstalled last November - best thing I ever did! The GTR gets very hot in the summer (cabin temp wise) with no AC I used to take a spare t-shirt when going any sort of distance!

It isn't as cold as my GT86 or old Mazda 6, but they went lower than 18 degrees. It should be pretty cold though? You can't use the old refrigerant any more due to the "environmental impact" and he new stuff is only 85% as efficient. Anything was better than none in my case! Have you had it tested for leaks?

jdm4life; does your noise get better or worse when the AC is on or off? Could it be the clutch in the AC pump? :confused:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=78e1oiUHb8g

Couldnt really tell if it got worse when it was switched on because it was that loud to begin with :)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
For me, R33 i wouldnt live with out AC, its like a sauna with out it.

Mine when used is ice cold

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I so prefer the air con when it does get hot in Scotland lol
When I topped it up there was still some in by the gagee
18degres is not cold by today’s standard A/C .
Wow that’s a weird noise in that vid like a cat getting strangled lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks samgtr I’ll get it done proper when I get back home cheers ***128077;***127995;***128077;***127995;

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can´t live without AC either. For me it gives really cold air even if I set the temperature high enough to not need the AC compressor to run... hahaha. I don´t know if it is suppossed to act that way tho.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My aircon doesn't work in my 32 and it is murder in the summer. Cabin gets so hot. On the list for Abbey when I send it back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts