GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how things work with out AFMs? I saw hipogtrs car the other day and noticed how smooth idle and ignition was....you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from a normal setup using AFMs. It had interesting little silicon pipework around the fuel pressure regulator....I'm just interested if anyone knows more on this subject....

·
Registered
272 Posts
yes , it is running from a MAP (manifold air pressure) sensor , alot of cars with aftermarket ECU's do the same , I belive the drag version of the Power FC will also run on map sensor , it is harder to tune especially around the transition from vacuum to boost , and light throttle cruising , but has alot of benifits such as a less restrictive intake to the turbos . I have removed the idle control from my car ( it still idles ok ) because it makes it alot easier to tune because it isnt bypassing air through the common pressure source. I hope that made sense .

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hks vpc

I have run hks vpc system for over a year on my car, it is very easy to set up and works very well, tuning is much more precise with a map sensor as opposed to afms.
also i have run a haltech system as well, that works with a map sensor the results were really quite good but i dident get chance to beat my last figure but i am sure it would, I have decided to go the apexi route again as this offers every thing for the skyline.
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
After the ride to Tsukuba in Hipo`s GTR I can definitely confirm that the power delivery was very smooth, and the pickup excellent.

Hipo - now you just need a new clutch :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts