GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

after a very productive meeting with the Akrapovic Team we are now able to offer this exciting system directly to the 35GTR owner. if you read Dave Yu's post about this amazing system Im sure you can appreciate the sheer quality of the system and the amazing power it releases from your 35GTR.

If you wish to order your new Akrapovic Titanium system then please contact me directly.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is some seriously good news, thank you
The initial supply is quite ltd. Having seen the workmanship that has gone into the system Im amazed they kept the price under the Jap versions I viewed last month when I visited MINES and POWERHOUSE who's systems I though were amazing. The Akropvic is £1000 less!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i actually just went back to that David Yu thread to wet my appetite again! what prices are we looking at here Dave for a whole system including the y-pipe?

And what are the sound levels with this setup db wise compared to the standard system?

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i actually just went back to that David Yu thread to wet my appetite again! what prices are we looking at here Dave for a whole system including the y-pipe?

And what are the sound levels with this setup db wise compared to the standard system?
Hi

The EVO system is the one you are referring to and will be by far the popular choice i would say. The sounds db's run at an amazing 98db which is track day compliant with all Euro/UK circuits whilst still offering the stunning audiable soundtrack that the 'red blooded' wants to hear. I can deliver with 5 working days and the Evo System inc VAT and UK Mainland delivery is £4800. The Evo System comprises of

Titanium front link pipes with resonators
Titanium rear link pipe (larger diameter)
2 Titanium end mufflers
4 Titanium tail pipes

Hard facts

plus 17 bhp (at 6260 rpm)
plus 56.1 Nm (at 2600 rpm)
minus 17.3 KG.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
On my car, the results were even better than that and bear in mind I am comparing the Akrapovic with my Milltek Y-pipe and stock exhaust combo which is already MUCH freer flowing than a totally stock car as the Milltek does away with two silencers and two secondary cats!

hp gain at peak power: 24hp
max hp gain: about 30hp

tq gain at peak torque: 25lb.ft
max tq gain: about 37lb.ft

Pick up is also massively improved with 1.2 bar boost by 3k and virtually no lag at any rpm.
This is as measured on the same dyno (Surrey Rolling Road) and using the exact same WG3 custom tune by Ben at GTC, i.e. the only change was the exhaust!

Overall sound levels are about the same as the Milltek Y-pipe only, maybe a touch quieter, but with more bass and less raspy.

I would not have believed a cat-back exhaust could make such a difference if I had not felt it and seen it measured first hand.

Expensive but worth it IMO.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my car, the results were even better than that and bear in mind I am comparing the Akrapovic with my Milltek Y-pipe and stock exhaust combo which is already MUCH freer flowing than a totally stock car as the Milltek does away with two silencers and two secondary cats!

hp gain at peak power: 24hp
max hp gain: about 30hp

tq gain at peak torque: 25lb.ft
max tq gain: about 37lb.ft

Pick up is also massively improved with 1.2 bar boost by 3k and virtually no lag at any rpm.
This is as measured on the same dyno (Surrey Rolling Road) and using the exact same WG3 custom tune by Ben at GTC, i.e. the only change was the exhaust!

Overall sound levels are about the same as the Milltek Y-pipe only, maybe a touch quieter, but with more bass and less raspy.

I would not have believed a cat-back exhaust could make such a difference if I had not felt it and seen it measured first hand.

Expensive but worth it IMO.
Thanks for that Dave, i was admiring your car at the show on thursday..........Love the wrap:cool:

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 orders taken since this was posted, thank you for your custom guys.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guys

thanks for all the pm's regarding this system. The initial stock is now sold out but fresh stock will be with us in only another week.:cool:

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
NEWS FLASH..............................Exhaust noise reading for Akrpovic is 93db
NEWS FLASH..............................Exhaust noise reading for Akrpovic is 93db

Hi Guys

Just had an update from the research guys at Akrapovic for these amazing exhausts.

As you've just read this exhaust system comes in at an amazing 93db with none of the resonance issues which appears to be effecting alot of other aftermarket systems.

Also, soon we will be running a back to back performance and metallurgy tests against other market brands.

We now have a limited number of these items back into stock.

Also, Porche/BMW owners now have access to these hi-end systems.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What power gains will this exhuast give if it just fitted to a normal none Cobb car?
Here we are

plus 17 bhp (at 6260 rpm)
plus 56.1 Nm (at 2600 rpm)
minus 17.3 KG.

great improvments.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Looks like a great product Dave :cool: At what RPM was the 93db measurement taken mate?

Cheers,

George

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello, don't know if i'ts allowed to write this here, but for Swiss People i can Deliver the Akrapovic with Swiss Homologation Papers (Homologation only for the Rear Pot)

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello, don't know if i'ts allowed to write this here, but for Swiss People i can Deliver the Akrapovic with Swiss Homologation Papers (Homologation only for the Rear Pot)
LOL! yes we ship them direct from the factory too:thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
A couple of questions.

What are the quoted fitting times?

And what is the db of a std system at the comparable revs?

thanks

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
A couple of questions.

What are the quoted fitting times?

And what is the db of a std system at the comparable revs?

thanks
About 2 hours,if you want to sort out everything perfect...align the tailpipes etc....

DB´s not measured yet,but far less then any other system out,trackdays should be no problem even with 95db restriction....it just sounds good and is loud on full throttle:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Akrapovic claim 93db. I would say it is overall quieter than just a Milltek Y-pipe, although mine is opening up nicely after being used appropriately at RAF Odiham.

Interestingly, the prolonged WOT burnt the soot off the inside of the pipes and they had turned that titanium blue colour on the inside, but the outside remain polished silver.
Of course one gentle drive on the road and soot has covered that up again...

There will shortly be a carbon tail pipe option; I'll be interested to see how they look!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts