GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Akros bike stuff is the highest quality in terms of weld & fit that you can get! Had no idea that they were getting into car stuff? I seriously doubt that anyone could out perform them?

Must consult "she that must be obeyed" as regards a purchase for the new toy!?!

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Results:
Akropovic have now completed their highly anticipated titanium Evolution exhaust for the Nissan GT-R. This exhaust encompasses the full system from the front / Y pipes back and deletes the secondary catalytic converters on the way.

In doing so the entire exhaust loses 17.3kg in weight due to the titanium construction and simplified silencer setup, total weight is 14.3kg. The exhaust gas flow is also enhanced greatly by a the larger diameter piping resulting in some signifcant horsepower and torque gains. Horsepower is increased by up to 17hp @ 6260rpm while torque is increased by 56.1Nm @ 2600rpm (41.4 lb/ft).

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Akro is amazing quality.

My 997 GT2 had an Akropovic Ti exhaust as factory standard fitment.

Very pricey though.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I got the first system today......the first world wide which has been shipped from Akrapovic to a tuner/customer....

Installed it today and it sounds absolutly awesome,fitment is very good and the way it is manufactured is by far better then anything else i have ever seen(maybe the Nismo one is better,but is 2-3 times the price....)

Will put pictures up later:thumbsup:

Alex

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
£6k for an exhaust? It better be good!

Any idea how loud it is? Probably too loud for most UK circuits anyway...
No,its loud,but still ok,the catback even has a "E" marking and can be driven within every european country legal:thumbsup:

Will measure it as soon as i have time for it;)

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
No,its loud,but still ok,the catback even has a "E" marking and can be driven within every european country legal:thumbsup:

Will measure it as soon as i have time for it;)
Thanks. 1 metre at 45 degrees from the pipe at 3/4 max revs is the standard static test I think.

Problem we have is plenty of UK circuits have live drive-by noise monitoring and the GT-R makes a lot more noise on boost obviously.

Loads of totally standard sports cars have been thrown off for noise. My F430 at Bedford Autodrome for one... :(

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Thanks. 1 metre at 45 degrees from the pipe at 3/4 max revs is the standard static test I think.

Problem we have is plenty of UK circuits have live drive-by noise monitoring and the GT-R makes a lot more noise on boost obviously.

Loads of totally standard sports cars have been thrown off for noise. My F430 at Bedford Autodrome for one... :(
94,5 db,1 Meter and 45degrees sideways,measured in my workshop....;)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Thanks, that was quick! And very quiet actually. My Milltek Y-pipe alone measure 100dB...
Its a well engenieered exhaust,no just a few pieces of pipe welded together:thumbsup:

Im going for a testdrive later.....tunnels,here i come:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
After a 30km testdrive i have to say,the exhaust is how a exhaust should be,not to noisy inside,sounds very good on the driveby.

Sounds much better then any other GTR exhaust i have heard befor,most of them are just loud or have a cheap sounding noise,this Akrapovic exhaust is how it should have been from the factory. No droning noise at typical autobahnspeed(2500-3000rpm)

A bit more data on the exhaust,most pipings are one piece and mandrel bent,not usual on titanium exhausts,the mainpipe diameter is 84mm,which should be enough for some serious power,the tailpipes are around 4-5mm bigger each then stock....,the y-pipe has 2 silencers + 2 flex sections.

Will put pictures of the exhaust up tomorrow:thumbsup:

Alex

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
can you post up some vids of so we can hear the exhaust?
We are having a GTR meet at the weekend....will do videos with the Video Vbox then,for sure:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts