GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, still doing it , tried the vent thingy & micowave suggestion, phoned local dealer.....they asked how much do i use the car, said once or twice a week, they reckon battery not getting up to full charge(2012 car) and i need to plug in a charger every night??? going to try this, failing , a trip to dealers , as now have to leave boot open, so car wont lock :mad:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sounds very weird mate.

Never had any issues with my alarm and the car gets left for weeks at a time

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is the car in a garage mate,

My alarm keeps going off because of other issues. Found the fuse for the siren this afternoon and pulled it........ bliss..... do that for now and at least you can lock her up

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the car in a garage mate,

My alarm keeps going off because of other issues. Found the fuse for the siren this afternoon and pulled it........ bliss..... do that for now and at least you can lock her up
no in garage.....think il be pulling a fuse , easy to find?, before i get told to RTFM :chuckle:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Drivers foot well - next to accelerator pedal is the fuse compartment. The fuse you want is a 10amp (red) half way up on the right hand side. You'll have three 10amps and one 20amp in a block all together then the fuse you need to pull above it.... easy to spot as its all on its own.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drivers foot well - next to accelerator pedal is the fuse compartment. The fuse you want is a 10amp (red) half way up on the right hand side. You'll have three 10amps and one 20amp in a block all together then the fuse you need to pull above it.... easy to spot as its all on its own.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The pen points to the fuse to be pulled in the 2nd picture and the 3rd picture is the empty space after fuse pulled. For me.... no alarm.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Have you got a wireless boiler controller, mine alarm was going off, after doing vents etc, moved the controller from near the front door, to the back room and it stopped, mine was only going off say once every 2 weeks tho.... Weird.

On a side note, I've now bought a yellow top optima off the deal on here, and I can listen to the radio with the car off for more than 10 minutes without the car then struggling to crank.

Plus car seems to crank generally stronger with the yellow top

I bought the battery a few months later btw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts