GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved house a week ago, and since my GTR has been parked on my driveway at the new house the alarm has gone off 9 or 10 times. It's never gone off in the past, so I'm trying to work out whether this is an environmental problem (something 'odd' about my new location) or a strange coincidence - I may actually have a fault with the alarm, has anyone experienced sensor problems?

As far as the environmental issues go, I have considered:
  • Cats - can't see any footprints on paintwork (will be buying a cover if I do see any!)
  • Balls (kids living next door, but no balls found on driveway)
  • Radio signal interference (???! is this even possible)
  • Local master criminals with a team of ninjas who are testing my security arrangements
Anything obvious I have missed and should be looking out for? The car is booked into Marshalls next week to see if any sensors are faulty, but I'm not particularly hopeful of accurate diagnosis...

·
Vendor
1,688 Posts
Sorry to hear of your noisy troubles.

We have issues with the Subaru when it is parked near radio masts. It sets the immobiliser and won't move until the car is towed by the likes of the RAC out of range.

I know it's not the same but it shows that cyberwaves can have an unwanted effect.

Could you try parking it on the various neighbours driveways (different introduction to 'can I borrow a cup of sugar' ;)) and seeing if it still goes off?

Jo

PS did you get my PM about the Drifting dates?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife suggested something similar, so I swapped our cars on the driveway and the problem seems to have disappeared. I did have the GTR parked so that the passenger door was within two feet of our electricity meter... I think that must have been the offending item, but I still have no idea why!

Anyway, looks like I don't need to have the car looked at now, and the wife's Merc seems unaffected. All good :)

... and yes, I did just read the PM... will respond now :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
My wife suggested something similar, so I swapped our cars on the driveway and the problem seems to have disappeared. I did have the GTR parked so that the passenger door was within two feet of our electricity meter... I think that must have been the offending item, but I still have no idea why!

Anyway, looks like I don't need to have the car looked at now, and the wife's Merc seems unaffected. All good :)

... and yes, I did just read the PM... will respond now :)
Some meters transmit the readings back to the supplier wirelessly these days so maybe that was it.

Could also change your broadband router channel just in case.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@mls - I have since had the entire A/V system replaced (there's another thread from me on here which discusses that!) and I haven't had the alarm problem since, so I'm wondering if there was a more significant electrical gremlin? That said, while the A/V system was being replaced I was given a Murano, which I parked on my drive overnight... and at 11pm the alarm went off, so I'm totally confused :)

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
should be some radio emitting some frequences that will pick up by the wireless alarm shut off system from your car I think.

If this is a rude reply please forgive me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.