GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the factory alarm has no decided to keep going off , all last night & now during the day when car locked.....any ideas peeps ?

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
ive heard closing the vents may help? wind passing through etc

maybe even a battery on the way out?? not enough charge for alarm, so it goes off...

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Or possibly a wifi network that is possibly interfering? such as a wireless thermostat/microwave etc..
Or perhaps a failing ultrasonics sensor?

·
Registered
626 Posts
the factory alarm has no decided to keep going off , all last night & now during the day when car locked.....any ideas peeps ?
Mine too......

went off in the middle of the night a few weeks ago, never been out of bed so fast in my life.
I was outside my house with 2 german shepherds and a braker bar in my hand in what felt like seconds......:flame:

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
such as a wireless thermostat/microwave etc..
strangely enough, mine was going off a couple of times per week a few months ago, randomly (posted about it on another thread somewhere), reset the wifi and changed the wifi channels, closed the vents etc, which didnt really help.. then realised we have a wireless thermostat in the hall (after reading about it on here), moved it to a back room and it stopped going off.. and has been ok since.. now i dont know for sure if it was that, but its been ok so far.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine went off at about 4am two days ago. 2nd time it has happened now. Always early bloody morning!!

Battery is new so can't be that. Very annoying.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will try the vents , car is 2012 so hope it no be the battery , still did it at my work today, and its parked away from everything & not near any electrical supply , might be all the "detectors" in the car ??

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
could be, maybe worth turning the sensitivity down on them? With it being a bit warmer out it may cause the issue.

I dont even know what my alarm sounds like! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts